George Michael

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
Anybody like George Michael?

Ive been listening to him a lot lately... his voice is so powerful and unique... and his pop music is really quite interesting... often quite ambient and lush.

Wham? What, is that a euphemism for his being a male sex slave?

Don't get me wrong, I like his music and all, decent/tasteful pop or whatever, but WHAM? Ewwww...

I don't really like his music but I do have a lot of respect for him as a person. Every single interview with him I've seen he was always very nice and down to earth and he seems to have a good sense of humour (also about himself, after that whole getting arrested thing for instance). He also said that if people stop buying his CDs or if he can't get a record deal anymore at some point he'd just keep making music for himself and release it on the internet for free. Which I think is a respectable attitude that more artists should have (ie. making music for the sake of making music, rather than for the sake of making money).

Actually... http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3499534.stm

Sure you could argue that he doesn't need the money anymore anyway, but still, I don't see many other artists doing that.