German thrash vs the world???

German is an angry language. Germans sound angry when they're counting.

EINE! ZWEI! DREI!

Sodom really only had two great albums (Agent Orange and Persecution Mania). Maybe better than Testament, but not Megadeth.

Kreator, Sodom, Tankard, Mekong Delta, and Destruction were all really great though. Dew Scented is pretty solid too.

I still say the US had the best collection of thrash bands, but the music was essentially invented over here, and also saw most of its popular support from this market. I wish more peeps from the States would listen to the great European thrash bands, but Americans seem to ignore music from anywhere but their own country these days. o_O

Sodom really only had two great albums (Agent Orange and Persecution Mania). Maybe better than Testament, but not Megadeth.

Kreator, Sodom, Tankard, Mekong Delta, and Destruction were all really great though. Dew Scented is pretty solid too.

I still say the US had the best collection of thrash bands, but the music was essentially invented over here, and also saw most of its popular support from this market. I wish more peeps from the States would listen to the great European thrash bands, but Americans seem to ignore music from anywhere but their own country these days. o_O
Eh. I disagree about the Megadeth thing. I do not like Megadeth, and they only ever released three thrash albums (or at most four, though I don't even consider So Far So Good... to be thrash and I think it sucks). And there are far more great German thrash bands than the ones you mentioned. Protector might be one of the best of them all, but they were always relatively unknown for some reason. German thrash was far more aggressive than Gay Area thrash, and almost a step up in the evolution to death metal. Of course, the heavier Cali bands like Sadus, Dark Angel, and SLAYER were exceptions to this, and did not have the typical Bay Area sound (and IMO are better than the typical Bay Area bands).

I highly agree, but there are some exceptions such as the noted Dark Angel (extremely brutal and awesome) and ARTILLERY.

OT, but speaking of German style thrash, has anyone checked out the new Schizo CD? It kills! It's aggressive German style thrash with blastbeats, while still being pure thrash and not deaththrash. Great fucking shit.

Um...Obsessed By Cruelty?

OT, but speaking of German style thrash, has anyone checked out the new Schizo CD? It kills! It's aggressive German style thrash with blastbeats, while still being pure thrash and not deaththrash. Great fucking shit.

I have been meaning to...thanks for finally convincing me!!

Sadus kills. Holy Terror kills. Slayer kills. US wins.

Not that Germany is even less than a step behind though:

Kreator
Sodom
Destruction
Darkness
Assassin
Mekong Delta
Necronomicon
Protector
Backwater
Holy Moses
Iron Angel
Living Death
Violent Force
Poison
Tankard
Angel Dust
Exumer
Vendetta
Minotaur
Paradox
Torment
Deathrow
Defender
Toxic Shock
etc

Sadus kills. Holy Terror kills. Slayer kills. US wins.

Not that Germany is even less than a step behind though:

Kreator
Sodom
Destruction
Darkness
Assassin
Mekong Delta
Necronomicon
Protector
Backwater
Holy Moses
Iron Angel
Living Death
Violent Force
Poison
Tankard
Angel Dust
Exumer
Vendetta
Minotaur
Paradox
Torment
Deathrow
Defender
Toxic Shock
etc

You know... When you make lists like these (God knows you make plenty), I often find myself wondering how many of these nobodies can possibly be worthwhile. I mean, there must be a reason as to why nobody normally bothers mentioning them.

The only ones that are really that obscure are Backwater, Torment, Defender, and Toxic Shock.