Gigantour lineup?

jhallum

Computer guy
Nov 24, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Visit site
There was an article in the Detroit News on the shows playing at DTE Music Theater.

At the bottom of the list of shows, there was this lineup.

Sometime in September--Gigantour 2 (Megadeth with Opeth and Arch Enemy and others).

Opeth at Gigantour? Sounds promising!

whyyyyyyyy does he have to wait to the last minute to book tour that's to start 3 mos. from now?!?!?!?!? I'm not into the rumored line up so far so I shouldn't be bitchin' but it certainly would be nice to have some damn info!

I should read the newspaper more often. If Dave waits too long the bands themselves will start leaking their own announcements like Therion at PP6, or Arch Enemy announcing G2 themselves, or the XM Dj announcing Opeth and Sevendust for G2 ahead of time.

I traveled last may 11th to LA, to see Dragonforce, and there was Dave Mustaine seeing the show, what it makes me think that dragonforce will be in gigantour this year
(pics of this show in my space, link below)

I was wondering what the possibility of Dragonforce doing BOTH Ozzfest and Gignatour are. I think G2 starts after Ozzfest so it is possible.

I am very happy with the possible OPETH addition. I love Opeth but seen them enough where I wouldn't really run out to see their own show.

TychoCelchu said:
I should read the newspaper more often. If Dave waits too long the bands themselves will start leaking their own announcements like Therion at PP6, or Arch Enemy announcing G2 themselves, or the XM Dj announcing Opeth and Sevendust for G2 ahead of time.

An Ann Arbor resident? I didn't know we had someone else from Ann Arbor on the forum! Cool! Do you go to UM?

jhallum said:
An Ann Arbor resident? I didn't know we had someone else from Ann Arbor on the forum! Cool! Do you go to UM?

Yeah actually I just graduated with the spring commencement; now looking at grad school. I'll be living in the city until mid August. It's cool to find out we're not alone :) I get most of my show tickets from the Union ticketmaster.

jhallum said:
There was an article in the Detroit News on the shows playing at DTE Music Theater.

At the bottom of the list of shows, there was this lineup.

Sometime in September--Gigantour 2 (Megadeth with Opeth and Arch Enemy and others).

Opeth at Gigantour? Sounds promising!
if opeth and arch enemy are both on the bill. gigantour is destined to suck. fuck melodic death metal.

Consuming Impulse said:
if opeth and arch enemy are both on the bill. gigantour is destined to suck. fuck melodic death metal.

Aside from vox, what does Opeth have in common with any melodic death metal bands? They're straight up prog with harsh vox.

Consuming Impulse said:

if you think opeth is simply "melodic death metal", then you're doomed....

And by the way, Slayer was good ONCE. And ONLY once.

booB said:
Muck Fichigan! ;)

Saythat.gif