Going to PP in Dave the Metal Guy's Memory

Linnipoo4DTMG

Dave's Linni
Sep 2, 2010
Hi All,

My name is Lindsay. I'm the girlfriend of the late Dave "The Metal Guy" Standifer. I was going to come with Dave this year. He always talked about how great the PP folks are and how I should meet them. Since the tickets are already here, his family is sending me in his memory, and I would dearly love to meet all of Dave's ProgPower buds.
mine

Up The Irons,
Lindsay

Hi All, My name is Lindsay. I'm the girlfriend of the late Dave "The Metal Guy" Standifer. I was going to come with Dave this year. He always talked about how great the PP folks are and how I should meet them. Since the tickets are already here, his family is sending me in his memory, and I would dearly love to meet all of Dave's ProgPower buds.
mine
Up The Irons,
Lindsay

Looking forward to seeing you there Lindsay :headbang:

Glad to hear you're coming. Look forward to meeting you! Make sure you introduce yourself.

Hi All,

My name is Lindsay. I'm the girlfriend of the late Dave "The Metal Guy" Standifer. I was going to come with Dave this year. He always talked about how great the PP folks are and how I should meet them. Since the tickets are already here, his family is sending me in his memory, and I would dearly love to meet all of Dave's ProgPower buds.
mine

Up The Irons,
Lindsay

Lindsay - i can't wait to meet you!! Dave LOVED to tell stories about you :) can't wait to meet the lady who sparked all the tales!

Lindsay - i can't wait to meet you!! Dave LOVED to tell stories about you :) can't wait to meet the lady who sparked all the tales!

I hope there is a LOT of story telling this weekend. I want to hear every story.

BTW, how do I find everyone.. or become findable?

I hope there is a LOT of story telling this weekend. I want to hear every story.

BTW, how do I find everyone.. or become findable?

Well, if you like, you could post a photo here and I could add you to the poster. Going to print tomorrow, but I could still fit you in next to Dave if you like. Just posting a photo in this forum will help people find you. Also, be sure to come to the courtyard parties at the Artmore Hotel near the venue.

tumblr_l80em5nYw61qam7ybo1_1280.jpg

Ok, Hopefully this goes through. It's my favorite picture in all the world. If you need a more detailed file, I can email it to you. Would you add this to your poster pretty please?

OOOh so looking forward to this Lindsay!!! Dave always spoke of you with a gleam in his eye and a big grin on his face!! will look at the picture and certainly hope we do run into each other, want big hugs!!!!:p

Glad to hear you are coming to the festival! I'm easy to spot (well sorta) being that I'm 4'11" and have black chin-length hair. You will prolly see me with my daughter in tow, and she's just the opposite of me, past 5' in height and blonde. Be sure to say hello to us and we will keep our eye out for you.

Don't know if anyone reads these *during* progpower, but my number is 205-902-7071. I'll be at the kickoff tomorrow, but I was thinking that certainly there's more to progpower than the evening shows, and I can't be guaranteed to magically bump into everyone I would really like to meet. So I figured I would make myself more findable. I know Dave went adventuring during the day. So if you do daytime wandering, lunches, whatever, or if there are activities and traditions that everyone but me would know, give me a call?

Thanks!
Lindsay

tonight at the showcase! She is a very sweet girl and wants to meet as many of us that knew Dave. So please make time to say hello to her, she is very approachable. She has redhair and was wearing a Mayhem shirt - so be sure to say hello!!!

Lindsay, it was a pleasure meeting you last night. I didn't know the story and circumstances that brought you here and I don't if I ever met Dave, but meeting you truly touched me and it was an honor. You are good people and EXACTLY what metal is all about. It crosses genres and brings us all together. I hope you enjoy the rest of the festival and I hope to talk to you more.

Before I pass out tonight (this morning,) I just wanted to tell you all that I have no words, just hugs. Lots of hugs.

Love,
Dave's Linnipoo