Good news for those staying at the Artmore

I am still baffled why they charge for breakfast now. Given how much they are gouging us for rooms AND that we are filling the hotel completely. I remember the good old days. First year that I will not be staying there. Too bad, I used to love it there.

Thanks for negotiating that for us, Glenn! With the reduction in cost, maybe this year I'll take advantage of their breakfast at least a few of the days we stay there. (Although I somewhat agree with the sentiment that as much as The Artmore has raised their overall prices in the past few years, it would have been nice for them to have kept the breakfast complimentary.)

No offense, but that is a bit of a naive opinion on inflation and supply & demand. Hell, the good old days were when I used to charge $60 for a ticket.

Mid-town Atlanta has become a very trendy part of town and the increased prices reflect that. Compare the prices charged at nice/boutique hotels (exclude places like the Super 8) in the same area and you will see the same trend. The mid-tier hotels that are no longer there (Hampton, Fairview) do not help the situation either.

I have to shake my head in disbelief that you are complaining over a 50% discount (that they did not have to offer) at place you aren't event staying at.

Agreed with Bobbie.. thanks for negotiating a deal with the Artmore. $5 is still not free, but it's within reason. So much so now that it's probably worth eating at the buffet at the Artmore rather than going down the street to Einstein Bagels and eating something there.

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

Things change. A $5 breakfast is not a huge money breaker and half the cost of what they normally charge is a good break. They don't do free anymore, and bitching in a thread where they're giving us a break is kinda lame.

The Artmore has been very good and very accommodating to us progpower attendees over the years. $5 for some food in the morning is just a stupid thing to bitch about.

The Artmore has been very good and very accommodating to us progpower attendees over the years. .

We now take over the entire place. Security doesn't troll like it did in the past. The bar is now open late and they allow the courtyard to remain full at all hours of the night.

Dude, if Security didn't troll us at Progpower seven any worse than they did (threatened to call cops for our 3rd floor party that went on until like 6am lol) I don't know what it would've taken.

It think that the $5 charge is perfectly fair. It was a bit of a shock last year, and we would have been fine with being charged $10 if we were aware of it before sitting down and eating. :saint:

Knowing this ahead of time, and getting a 50% discount makes it much more reasonable. Hell, I think we would spend that, if not more, by walking around to find some food/coffee at an eatery nearby.

However, I still won’t change my opinion on the “leaving the room” rule, and that it kind of… well… sucks. Thankfully the breakfast Nazi at the door with the clipboard set me straight, and let me go with a stern finger shake and slap on the hand. I’ll know better this year. :lol:

Mid-town Atlanta has become a very trendy part of town and the increased prices reflect that.

"Midtown Atlanta has in the past decade been a fast-growing community with appreciating land and property values, as land is a precious commodity in this urban area. As residents begin to return to the city following decades of suburban retreat from the city center, Midtown Atlanta offers an attractive mix of amenities and attractions, as well as proximity to downtown offices and destinations. The recent construction and opening of the Seventeenth Street Bridge over the Downtown Connector has reconnected Midtown with the west-side of the city. It connects Midtown to a new multi-billion dollar mixed-use development, called Atlantic Station, on the former site of the Atlantic Steel company, which is the site of new housing, office, and retail space. In early 2006, Mayor Shirley Franklin set in motion a plan to make the 14-block stretch of Peachtree Street in Midtown Atlanta (nicknamed "Midtown Mile") a street-level shopping destination envisioned to rival Beverly Hills' Rodeo Drive or Chicago's Magnificent Mile.[7][8] Apple has also expressed interest in building a flagship store along the Midtown Mile development.[10]

In addition to the Midtown Mile, Midtown Atlanta has recently seen a hotel boom. With the influx of wealth moving to the area, many luxury hotels had proposed and/or started construction of the hotel. Some of the hotels that are building or have plans to do so in Midtown Atlanta include the Mandarin Oriental, Ritz-Carlton, InterContinental, Hotel Monaco, and. The Four Seasons Hotel, the W Hotel, Hotel Palomar, Loews Hotels already have Midtown locations."
Source

Atlanta's hottest nightclub, Opera is within walking distance of The Artmore (less than 1 mile - near Vickery's and Front Page News). A-List celebs frequent the club often.

~Jen

@Dustin - Just flash her the Mangina, and all should be forgiven! :lol:

This is great news, now I don't have to wolf down a couple of Einstien's bagels @ double back to the venue. IMO breakfast @ The Artmore is worth a fiver... Thanks Glenn, & thanks Artmore!:headbang:

Great news!

i thhink i always myself waking up at the artmore from a night of music and drinking with my first thought being "do i still have time to make breakfast!?"

Just flash her the Mangina, and all should be forgiven!

:lol: :saint:

Ermmm… I don’t know if flashing that thing at her would have allowed me to “be forgiven”. In fact, I’m confidant it would have inflamed the situation further by (a.) getting slapped in the mangina or ( b.) being invited to join her in the broom closet, or worse case scenario – both a & b. Either way, neither situation sits well with me… especially considering that I have severe “beard face” in the morning. That’s like engaging in coitus with morning breath… bleah. :erk:

Thanks, Glenn, for this. I wandered in last year and was about to start eating when some kind fellow PP attendees warned me that it was no longer free. $5 for a full -- as opposed to 'continental' which is hotel-speak for 'minimal' -- breakfast is reasonable.

Is this deal for Thurs-Sun morning's or just Sat and Sun?

Now THAT's a good question. Thanks for asking it.

*I* will not be in charge of the filling up of Johan's Wednesday night cup this year. :heh:

Glenn, Thank You for working this out with them! Very much appreciated. Is this deal for Thurs-Sun morning's or just Sat and Sun?

No you are now banned from filling my cups. Even a Swede does not take 75% of a Jim Beam bottle per cup... :kickass::):kickass::)

We now take over the entire place. Security doesn't troll like it did in the past. The bar is now open late and they allow the courtyard to remain full at all hours of the night.
BFU!! I'm thinking that's sweet enough. Nice when it was free, but I'll give $5 for the relaxed way they cater to us over a free b'fest. Thanks, Glenn, the uber negotiator.