GOTTHARD - "We want to continue..."

I'm a huge fan and wish the band the best. That said, those are HUGE shoes to fill. Steve Lee had the rare ability to make a good song great and a great song something truly special. The only voice I've heard that really reminds me of his is the singer from The Poodles.

I hope they don't necessarily get someone who sounds like Steve Lee...just someone who can move them forward while handling the legacy...getting Michael Bormann, as cool as he is, would be like Priest getting Ripper or Journey getting Arnel...

I hope they don't necessarily get someone who sounds like Steve Lee...just someone who can move them forward while handling the legacy...getting Michael Bormann, as cool as he is, would be like Priest getting Ripper or Journey getting Arnel...

You think so? Bormann is a fairly recognized name in melodic rock. Ripper and Arnel were pretty much unknown when they were hired.

You think so? Bormann is a fairly recognized name in melodic rock. Ripper and Arnel were pretty much unknown when they were hired.

I know...I'm talking in terms of how they sound. Bormann and Lee sound a lot alike, IMO. I think they need to go the "Sammy Hagar route"...get someone who can do the job and make new music...not a clone/soundalike of the former singer.

I know...I'm talking in terms of how they sound. Bormann and Lee sound a lot alike, IMO. I think they need to go the "Sammy Hagar route"...get someone who can do the job and make new music...not a clone/soundalike of the former singer.

True...Bormann does sound kinda like Lee (that's why I mentioned him), but unlike Ripper and Arnel, he has proven over the many years that he's got serious writing chops. He wouldn't be just a "voice", he probably would contribute heavily to the songwriting too. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see what Gotthard does...Steve Lee was amazing.