Great Food Place For Anyone Around Center Stage On Friday!

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Just a FYI there is a FANTASTIC place to eat for you guys on Friday that is right near the Residence Inn ( A Very Close Walk From The Venue). It's called Vespucci's and they have the best Lasagna and Pizza! It's right in that area where Subway is/ was. From the venue (if you were leaving) make a right to the first street at the end of the block. Turn left crossing Peachtree NW and proceed up the hill like you were going to the Residence only on the other side of the street. Cross the second Peachtree street and make a left and it's right there. Enjoy! Hope it Helps!

Where is this Madison Grill?

I saw the Italian place next to the Subway when SkiBumMSP and I ate there last night.

That's the problem with Midtown - not that many eating establishments that stay open at night :(

p.s. Wes - check your PM. I sent you a message.

Ok, if you walk out the venue, the first cross street to the right (facing out the venue) - go up the hill, and cross the street - its over, and to the right of the starbucks (which was closed!). The Madison is part bar - part restaurant - so I think that's why it was open later.

Great burger!

got the pm - thanks Dave! ;)

Ok, if you walk out the venue, the first cross street to the right (facing out the venue) - go up the hill, and cross the street - its over, and to the right of the starbucks (which was closed!). The Madison is part bar - part restaurant - so I think that's why it was open later.

Thanks! I looked it on Google Maps and found its near the Residence Inn. Will have to check it out!

I have been lookng for a little bar b q place that I ate at before by the Roxy Theater. I am horrible with directions and can't find it. Does anyone know if the Roxy is near by?

Slightly off topic, but if anyone is looking for a bite to eat late, last year there was a Chicago Sausage van south of 12th street on Peachtree ST in front of the parking lot. It was open after the show on Saturday last year, I assume to serve the club patrons which the parking lot serves. (Which I remember hosted one of the preshows in the past. Maybe PP4?)

Jason

I have been lookng for a little bar b q place that I ate at before by the Roxy Theater. I am horrible with directions and can't find it. Does anyone know if the Roxy is near by?

No. It's in Buckhead, about 8 miles up the road. The Vortex on Peachtree Rd. is awesome. Hell, even the Publix grocery store around the corner has a kickass deli in it.

Haven't tried Vespucci's but I saw it everytime I was at the crosswalk. I wasn't sure if it was a restaurant or just a catering service. Good to know, thanks! I'll be going there next year!

I had two meals at the Madison Grill. I like that place but their service needs some improvement. We waited several minutes before being seated by a kitchen guy with body odor, then another several minutes passed without any server so we moved to the bar. While a table of 12 PPers were finishing up, the staff did a great job of bitching about the group wanting separate checks. I thought it was rather silly of them to assume a party like that would be one bill and then blame the party for the "inconvenience" of having to divide the checks. If they had asked at the beginning, it would't have been a problem. I found it interesting they would have a solid 5-minute bitch session about it infront of other customers. Good food and really close to the venue & hotel, but don't be surprised if the service leaves something to be desired. That said, I'm still going back! :lol:

Gotta agree with you on that one. We waited forever -no drink refills, the bus boy even had to come apologize due to the waiter (only 1??) being 'very busy'.

But yes - the food was spectacular - so we put up with it.

I also noticed the singer from Raintime eating there at the same time. ;)

Madison Grille has very spotty service... I ate there with some friends a few years ago and everything was great, but the following year, I ate there with a different group of friends, and it took us an hour to get our SALADS. And it wasn't like the place was busy at all; it was almost empty at the time. This year, a friend of mine had her credit card misplaced by the staff (although they found it, later in the day, and called her).