Great shows coming to Raleigh, NC!!

TBJ

Dec 5, 2002
Carrboro, NC
Visit site
Not only is Pagan Fest coming to Volume 11 on the 20th, but Dark Tranquillity, with Divine Heresy are coming to Lincoln Theater in June 10th. AWESOME!!

I guess I'm gonna have to stop pre-ordering tickets for Jaxx shows from now on just in case tours start adding Raleigh dates !

Whats next, Iron Maiden? :p

Once can hope. :headbang:

I just hope people support these shows cause 1) they will be awesome and 2) we need more bands coming our way since most tours skip the southeast all together(sans Myrtle Beach "sometimes" and maybe florida)

Thinking about coming down for Ensiferum show how is the venue? (Sound,security,meeting artists,autographs,etc.) Just general info if you could my friend.

Thinking about coming down for Ensiferum show how is the venue? (Sound,security,meeting artists,autographs,etc.) Just general info if you could my friend.

It's a hole in the wall for sure. I saw Stryper there back when they were on the "reunion" tour. It's an old movie theater, without the seats, along with a small stage. With that said, some of us in the south have no choice but to watch our favorite bands play in these types of places! :bah:

~Brian~

Hell Edge...you are a tuff man to please....The Lincoln is certainly not the NORVA but it is a nice club with great sound. Certainly nicer than Jaxx and more than quite a few others I have been to over the last 30 years....and hell I have seen smaller stages in most venues.

there's no place I would rather go see a show than Jaxx. The memories and the bands I have met there are truly AWESOME. Doesn't take much to please me. You guys had pretty good luck meeeting the bands at Volume 11? Staff at venue nice?

I havent been to either venue yet, however, Jaxx is a small place, with a shitty stage, yet some of the best shows I've seen have happened there, so I dont care if Lincoln and Volume 11 are shitholes, I'm there to see the bands. And I know its gonna be awesome.

Hell Edge...you are a tuff man to please....The Lincoln is certainly not the NORVA but it is a nice club with great sound. Certainly nicer than Jaxx and more than quite a few others I have been to over the last 30 years....and hell I have seen smaller stages in most venues.

Lek, if you want to see a nice, small concert venue, then check out the Orange Peel in Asheville, North Carolina. That's my favorite concert venue, along side the Tennessee Theater in Knoxville, TN, which is flat out beautiful! There's nothing wrong with a club owner taking pride in his facility and taking care of it. I've seen basements look more appealing than some of these clubs I've been to recently! I'd be ashamed to admit that I owned the Tremont Music Hall over in Charlotte! :puke:

Hard to please? Maybe....on the other hand, If I'm going to drive 5 hours to see a concert then I'd like to take a piss in a clean bathroom once I get there. ;)

~Brian~

Volume 11 staff were cool the one time I was there...have heard good things about them overall.
Staff at the Lincoln are very cool people, never any problems and are always a help when needed.
Not much of a "meet the bands" guy so never pay attention much to where the band members are or are not.

Don't know Edge.....think if I drove 5 hours I would be more pissed off at shitty sound and sight than whether or not where I was pissing looked clean and respectable....lol.
BTW....when was the last time you were at the Lincoln...prior to or after the renovation.

Oh...and Volume 11....not much to speak of regarding looks (not an Edge place...lol)....but they are doing a good job of bringing in some shows....making an effort for sure.