Great Sunday drive to the music store...

p1driftfiend

Apr 19, 2005
CT
Finally had a chance today to take a nice Sunday drive to a music store north of me. Soooo much stuff I wanted to buy, but I walked out with what I think is my greatest used cd raid:

Angel Dust - Of Human Bondage
Jon Oliva's Pain - Festival
Symphony X - V
Uli Jon Roth - Under a Dark Sky

Popped in Uli Jon Roth's Under a Dark Sky album for the ride home and almost kept driving right past my house :D What an absolutely amazing album! Never listen to Uli before, and I picked up the CD on whim, but I have to say it's my favorite of the lot so far...

I gotta make it a point to find some time and get back into the habit of going to the store more and buying random discs. As easy as it is to click and wait for the mailman, nothing beats a nice drive home with a new album!

V is fantastic - I still need to listen to Jon Oliva's Pain (love his voice on the new Avantasia and Kamelot!), and Angel Dust sound like they'd be intriguing...

I have to ask: if you're still in CT, which music store? :)

Music Outlet in Enfield

Friend brought me up there back in 01 when I got into metal and I haven't found a better place yet, although I still miss the old store and the "new releases" rack...

Ah, I've heard lots of good things about that place but have never been! I normally hit up Newbury Comics in Manchester - their metal releases are usually between $9.99 and $12.88 the first few weeks of release. :) I'll go out to Redscroll Records in Wallingford on occasion, but they seem to cater more to the hipster/hardcore audience - though the first time I went there, I walked out with a new copy of Blind Guardian's Imaginations for $8.99...

Never knew there was a Newbury Comics in Manchester until now! Seems they are inside the mall? If I knew about them, I would have swung by today, since I was in the area. I'll definately have to check them out in the future.

I checked out Redscroll for the first time a couple of weekends ago. Went looking for some non-metal records, but browsing their selection they seem to have some good stuff.

Wow, I had no idea that these places existed here in CT. I guess since I'm pretty much in Fairfield County 99% of the time, I usually tend to ignore whatever is up beyond Hartford. I guess I'll be checking these places out soon.

Dude, if you like Uli, you gotta hear his younger brother, Zeno. Like Damn. One of my favorite guitarists EVER. Check out the Listen to the Light album if you are a fan of melodic rock at all.