Green Carnation anyone?

DragonLady1

Firesoul
Mar 20, 2003
Innsbruck/Vienna
www.photopit.com
Hi
Just wonder if anyone heard the new Green Carnation album and how it is? I just heard one song but its quite different from the really birlliant Light of Day, Day of Darkness album. I wonder how they are live as well, but I'll see soon, they play 3 shows here in Austria :hotjump:

never heard of them? Its another band of Tschort (u know, he played in quite a few black metal bands and also has Blood Red Throne)... but this one is quite, well the last album was kind of doom, dunno how the new is.

they're damn great! bougth LOF,DOD and enjoyed it very very well! The new one is also really, really good but more rock / progressive rock than doomy metal. it's still some kind of doomy and the lyrics are really great.

i personally like the new one a little less than the previous but it's nearly that great.

just buy it! it's worth to buy!

Green Carnation took a whole new turn when they released "A Blessing In Disguise". Musically this release has nothing to do with their past. There is a "Green Carnation aura" in the album - something tells you that yes, this is Green Carnation you are listening to. "Light of Day, Day of Darkness" is a very good album, though it cannot be compared to any of the brilliant albums by In The Woods... Generally speaking "A Blessing In Disguise" is much easier to listen to than their previous album, though this does not mean that it lack quality. I suggest you go and get this album. It rocks!

Dying_Swan said:
Green Carnation took a whole new turn when they released "A Blessing In Disguise". "Light of Day, Day of Darkness"

:hotjump:

Great thread!!!

LOD-DOD:
I always had the sample edit of 7 mins. for almost two years :tickled: until yesterday I received it from the End R. and did my own track list :Spin: a really great album but only had heard it one time.

about the new one: only have the instrumental sample they posted some months ago, heard the the vocalist isn't the same from LOD,DOD ??? :erk:

also downloaded two tracks for their first album, tottaly different band "proper doooooom" :)

:wave:

I have it...I guess I like it even better than LoD, DoD even though I normally prefer complex stuff with long songs.

John Carvajal: somebody must have confused you...the singer is still the same :)

thanx for ur comments, I'll check out the new album for sure...

they are coming on tour btw:

tour_poster.jpg

30.10.03 A-Innsbruck - Hafen
31.10.03 A-Wels - Alter Schlachthof
01.11.03 A-Wien - Planet Music
02.11.03 HU-Budapest - E-Klub
03.11.03 D-München - Garage
04.11.03 D-Essen - Zeche Carl
05.11.03 D-Heidelberg - Schwimmbad Musicclub
06.11.03 D-Berlin - Halford
07.11.03 D-Glauchau - Alte Spinnerei
08.11.03 D-Münster - Live Arena
09.11.03 D-Hamburg - Markthalle

:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

strange package tho.... o_O

godless said:
they're damn great! bougth LOF,DOD and enjoyed it very very well! The new one is also really, really good but more rock / progressive rock than doomy metal. it's still some kind of doomy and the lyrics are really great.
"There was a woman lying on the floor
Blueish, pale
Staring a hole through his soul
There was blood underneath
The shotgun lying next too her
He mumbled "am I closer now
Is this the path that God has chosen out for me?"

"Meet me... In the forest, come alone
See the lights... It`s my car coming down the road
I want you... Queen of bizarre
Days of love, like an arrow shot right through the heart"

beautiful

Strangelight said:
"There was a woman lying on the floor
Blueish, pale
Staring a hole through his soul
There was blood underneath
The shotgun lying next too her
He mumbled "am I closer now
Is this the path that God has chosen out for me?"

"Meet me... In the forest, come alone
See the lights... It`s my car coming down the road
I want you... Queen of bizarre
Days of love, like an arrow shot right through the heart"

beautiful

:ill: I wont comment on the lyrics now but I love the music at least of the LOD DOD album!!!!! I dont know the new one but I think I'll buy it someday.