growls

It came pretty naturally and wasn't anyone's decision. One thing that helped though is the fact that Marcus hates to sing in that style. :)

THat being said, we're not strangers to use it on some future compositions if we feel the song would benefit from it. I do however guess we'd use another singer then. For example Peter that sings on the re-recording of "Again!". We'll see what happens... :)

It came pretty naturally and wasn't anyone's decision. One thing that helped though is the fact that Marcus hates to sing in that style. :)

THat being said, we're not strangers to use it on some future compositions if we feel the song would benefit from it. I do however guess we'd use another singer then. For example Peter that sings on the re-recording of "Again!". We'll see what happens... :)

Again is a killer track:)

I like the growls a lot! Of course they only fit in certain songs with a certain atmosphere(which is not the case of Still I reckon)....but I remember when I first listened to The Window Purpose album and I thought " F******* now this is really wicked and different!A very powerful combination"!!
Today it´s no novelty since there are one bazillion bands out there doing the same thing,but it is totally part of Wolverine´s identity and uniqueness.

I must admit to not being totally convinced by the 'growls' on The Window Purpose.

Then you should listen to the growls on "Fervent Dream". I think I can speak for both Marcus and me when I say that they are pretty poor... Not to mention my own singing... :oops:

I find the growls on TWP much better than on FD but they are definitely not in the same league as for example Amorphis which was the band that inspired us to use growls in the first place. I do however love the growls of Peter Rudhberg that I mentioned further up in the thread. He' s a great "growler".

Then you should listen to the growls on "Fervent Dream". I think I can speak for both Marcus and me when I say that they are pretty poor... Not to mention my own singing... :oops:

I find the growls on TWP much better than on FD but they are definitely not in the same league as for example Amorphis which was the band that inspired us to use growls in the first place. I do however love the growls of Peter Rudhberg that I mentioned further up in the thread. He' s a great "growler".

There was a copy of Fervent Dream on ebay the other week which I was watching but I ended up having a few to many that day and it slipped my mind so I missed putting my bid in! A lesson for you there boys and girls... Strongbow & Ebay don't mix :lol:

My fave 'growler' is Aaron from My Dying Bride. Love that band :headbang:

My fave 'growler' is Aaron from My Dying Bride. Love that band :headbang:

Yea, Aaron has a great growl, but he doesn't use it enough anymore :erk:

I also quite loved the growls on TWP (Marcus, you did a GREAT job!). It would be great to see them incorporated into future works, but whatever you guys decide to do will be brilliant, so it's all good to me :)