Guitar World Power Metal article

wayland smithers said:
Its rather extensive and talks about almost everyone from the 80's till now.
since a quick search thru the article didn't find any hits on glenn harveston i did not read it. it's woefully incomplete. please post better articles. thank you.

Joe-× said:
since a quick search thru the article didn't find any hits on glenn harveston i did not read it. it's woefully incomplete. please post better articles. thank you.

even though its incomplete, to an extent, its rather good and talks about almost everyone, how can you complain???? Power Metal has gotten press in a major magazine, plus Thats So Metal took care of giving Glenn's festival props in the closing comments that were added.

wayland smithers said:
The website has also included its picks for some essential Power Metal albums.

FWIW GW's list differed a bit:

Manowar - Hail to England
Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys, Part 1
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
Hammerfall - Glory to the Brave
Demons and Wizards - Demons and Wizards
Rhapsody - Dawn of Victory
Nightwish - Century Child
Nevermore - Enemies of Reality
Lost Horizon - A Flame to the Ground Beneath

Eleven. Spinal Tap inspired?

Harvester said:
????

What's that?

Glenn H.

I think they said something like "There's this FagPower festival you can go to, all 5 of you people reading this. There you can go meet 50-60 other crazy, head banging, power metal heads with glasses, short hair and Star Trek shirts! You can start a club."

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Having tested the waters, Power Metal heroes are lining up their tours, videos and new albums for a direct attack on fortress America. The battle is far from over. “Last year touring America with Dio was tremendous, says Hammerfall’s Anders, “but we need to follow that up.” The last couple of years have been very good for us, and I’d like to be able to continue doing what we do for a very long time.” [/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]With the last paragraph in mind, Thats So metal would like to add that this year's addition of the yearly ProgPower festival in Atlanta sold out in a couple days with Angra and Stratovarius as headliners, along with a Conception reunion and other heavy hitters like Therion, Pink Cream 69, Orphanland, and Symphorce on the bill.[/font]

Wasn't any mention in the original article. Added on by the webzine.
I'm glad they posted the article which was interesting even if it didn't contain ever nugget of metal history. That would be more of a book than an article and most don't have the attention span for that.