Guns N Roses 2002 - Are They the Real Thing or Just a Tribute Band?

Is it right to call Axel's New Band Guns N Roses?

• Yes, this is the real thing!

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No, this is nothing more than a tribute band.

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters

The Metal Master

The Ace of Spades
May 25, 2002
Planet Earth
Visit site
Guns N Roses just played a show in Hong Kong and are supposed to release an album at some point. Since Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven and/or Matt aren't in the band anymore, shouldn't Axel just call it what it is - his own solo project? If Axel had at least Duff and Slash back in the fold using the G n R be would be alright. I think it's disingenious to call Axel's solo project G n R. Your thoughts?

didnt like GnR in the early 90s as they were to trendy imo, but recently i started to like their old stuff. but axl rose is just bolloxing it up...

What's more is that he's using musicians from industrial bands and the new material is industrial rock. So its nothing like Guns N Roses really.

The only way he is pulling any kind of crowd I think is because the setlist is so damn good.... 10 songs off Appetite From Destruction at most of their recent shows.

i remember reading a few years back that axl was alone in LA, trying to create a new style of music that should be the new music of the future - some kind of industrial-techno-funk-rock-pop-jazz whatever shit :lol:

he always invited new, young musicians to play with him and they all just ripped him off, like 'sure i play with you, i just need a new drum kit'. axl buys it, and the drummer is off after 2 month and he gets a new one :lol:

what a pathetic loser he became

I used to listen to Guns N' Roses quite a lot back in the early 90's. They kind of got me into Metal. However, they just suck nowadays and I won't support them anymore. This isn't REAL Guns N' Roses for me anymore. Axl became a pathetic loser indeed.

you would think with all the money axle made at the start he would have had something done with those yellow/brown nappy assed stained teeth.....oh yeah wouldnt have hurt him to buy a brush also.... nothing worse than a long haired guy that has split ends to the scalp and dry fly away flocks......just had to add my two cents i mean i voted so i felt the need to add to it.

I just saw the pics of axl's new hairdo WTF was he thinking?

I thought Duff was still hanging around him?! :lol: what a joke.

Thing is, Axl can keep the band name since it's his band. And if Tracii can use LA Guns...oh well, GnR had their day, and now Axl has become the Michael Jackson of 'metal'.

I won't comment until I hear the new album...if indeed it ever comes out (I remeber reading a release date for Chinese Democracy to be June 2000...kind of missed that one.)

I wasn't impressed by "Oh My God", but then again I wasn't impressed with "You Could Be Mine" until the rest of the Use Your Illusions albums kicked my ass. Sure, it won't be the same without Slash and Duff, but it was ultimately Axl that gave the band it's unique sound. I'll be buying the album when it comes out...I just hope it was worth the wait....

I think the best GNR stuff was with Duff singing...ok, I only heard one song with Duff singing, but it was way better than anything with Mr.Squeaky on the mic.
missedme.gif

Duff actually put out a solo album, around '94 I think. Someone gave it to me for my birthday. It wasn't anything impressive, the tracks were mediocre at best, and its collected dust on my shelf. However, what did impress me, is that almost everything on the album was done by Duff. He wrote, sang, played drums, bass, (even lead on some of the tracks), as well as produced. Up until then, I'd always thought he was just the stoner of the group that was too out of it to make any contribution of his own.

But in the end, it wasn't GNR. Slash's Snakepit is also pretty awful, their first album is also collecting dust on my shelf, and when they opened for AC/DC on the last tour, they were pretty pathetic. We'll see if Axl has any better luck separated from the group, otherwise they'll have to consider a reunion tour sometime in 2015. :lol:

I notice how nobody's mentioned that masterpiece cash-in "The Spaghetti Incident". What a piece of crap that was. :lol:

But hey, no matter how much everyone complains about Axl Rose (or his anagram Oral Sex), I have a feeling that Chinese Democracy will be a big seller....if it ever gets a release date.

Anyone know what that guitarist "BucketHead" is like? Whats with the KFC endorsement?

Any doubts about Axel being washed up was put to rest on his performance during the MTV Video Music Awards. His voice was awful and his band looked like Marilyn Manson leftovers. Buckethead is an able guitarist, but give me a break! The KFC gimmick is that Buckethead is against eating chickens, hence the word "Funeral" on the bucket. It made me sick to hear the MTV talking heads kissing Axel's ass about such a great performance.

Originally posted by Stormbringer
he always invited new, young musicians to play with him and they all just ripped him off, like 'sure i play with you, i just need a new drum kit'. axl buys it, and the drummer is off after 2 month and he gets a new one :lol:

what a pathetic loser he became

Never read that anywere...
so F U C K Y O U
homo

it's not my fault you cant read.

if i remember correctly i read that about year ago, i think it was the august edition of german metal hammer or rock hard.