Hacride - Lazarus

Dec 21, 2003
Sudbury, Canada
Hacride – Lazurus
Listenable Records - 2009
By Adam McAuley

haclazbig.jpg

Interesting progressive song structures quickly emanate from the thoughts of Hacride. There is a nod to bands like Gojira, but Hacride play a more open-ended progressive style with less emphasis on the futuristic thrash aspect. The spacey sounds created are imaginative and unique right from the lengthy opener “To Walk Among Them”. The gyrations the songs take is reminiscent of Tool as well, particularly in the bass and percussion. One final comparison to make is with the outfit Burst, who have a similar hardcore element combined with metallic tendencies for an adventurous overall style.

Regardless, the songs go through numerous twists and turns while remaining musically focused. It’s interesting to listen to the band to see what type of unexpected shift they will suddenly put into the trajectory of each song. The music here is fairly aggressive, but does not set itself on a path to crush everything. It weaves an intelligent web of dense, layered material instead. The stop and go changes in tempo are again similar to Gojira, but never become repetitive. However, as Gojira manage to be very good without being completely magnificent, Hacride has similar problems attaining a slightly higher plateau. The band also doesn’t quite keep their attack evenly balanced, with longer and more evolved songs showing up at the beginning of the disc and less elaborate ones appearing later on.

The songs on Lazarus are still leaps and bounds beyond what most progressive bands are capable of attaining in terms of a thoughtful approach. See the track “Phenomenon” which offers a powerful quality like the band Isis was able to do on their best album, Oceanic. There are several excellent small touches that put Hacride above a large majority of metal bands. Hacride is a very smart band and they show it throughout these constantly shifting tracks on many occasions. This outfit comes strongly recommended to listeners looking for an inventive take on metal that manages to put together a coherent collection of progressive material.

Official Hacridbe Band Website
Official Hacride My Space
Official Listenable Records Website

I listen to this disc a lot along with the last Burst disc so both are highly recomended...

All this time I thought I was the only one who liked these two bands....

========= http://imdb.me/livefearless=========
Director Ewing Miles Brown says Sam Botta has lost 74 lbs (now 150 lbs.) for Movie Tech Studios pre-production of "Live Fearless" Sam Botta Hosts the upcoming reality TV show. :) in Pre-Production now with guests like Betty White, who says "Appreciate life while it's happening!" Also "get over it" (referring to aging) and "I'm swimming as fast as I can" in reference to her work.
GO To THIS LINK  http://imdb.me/livefearless