Happy 25th Birthday to...

The Ozzman

Melted by feels
Sep 17, 2006
In My Kingdom Cold
593.jpg

Argubaly one of the best thrash metal albums of all time...Megadeth's Rust in Peace!

Will the new Megadeth record live up to the hype?

Nice! You know what's sad, I don't think I even have their last release. They've lost my interest over the last 10 years or whatever. The songs just have no bite for me any longer, and I love Chris Broderick's guitar playing.

Anyone that has their last release, better than previous ones or ?

And I agree on Rust in Peace - a fantastic release, this was their Master of Puppets.

Nice! You know what's sad, I don't think I even have their last release. They've lost my interest over the last 10 years or whatever. The songs just have no bite for me any longer, and I love Chris Broderick's guitar playing.

And I agree on Rust in Peace - a fantastic release, this was their Master of Puppets.

See, MOP got old with me quickly. It still has my favorite Metallica song of all time (Battery), but I listen to albums KEA, RTL and AJFA way more now.

I didn't even pick up Supercollider either. I lost interest with Thirteen. The last decent album the band did is Endgame although I prefer TSHF to that one.

Supercollider is their worst album to date imo. You didn't like anything on Endgame? That was 6 years ago. I'm still looking forward to their next album since it has a new lineup. Agreed that Broderick is a solid guitar player.

Has it been 25 already? I feel old. Seems like just last year I saw them play the album live for the 20th anniversary tour.

Actually I recall a few good ones from Endgame - can't remember them in my head which says something though...

One of the big reasons Broderick left was no real creative input, can't blame him. He could have helped light a bit of a fire possibly.

Rust in Peace is not only a thrash metal masterpiece, it's also one of the greatest metal albums of all time. :kickass:

Actually I recall a few good ones from Endgame - can't remember them in my head which says something though...

One of the big reasons Broderick left was no real creative input, can't blame him. He could have helped light a bit of a fire possibly.

Endgame was pretty good, United Abominations was OK, but the rest of their from the last 16 or so years(post Cryptic Writings) is indeed pretty lackluster. Risk is still their worst album by far though.

it's also my birthday today and i'm older than RUST IN PEACE so nyer

Happy Birthday mayne! :tickled: