Has anyone succesfully done a uber blastbeat death metal song with DFHS yet?

Metalhead28 said:
Thanks man. What do you think of the site? That's my first foray into graphics and web design.

I dig it. Presented well and you give good info on how to come prepared and setting up. BUT, you need to put up some Black Prophecy session photos. Mwhahahahah

MetalHead28 - thank you so much for posting that up. Now I see why my fills never sounded like yours (the right DM way), because you are fucking INSANE, :lol:. Your programming is absolutely nuts my friend. Very nicely done. Even just the raw DFHS bounce out sounds like a drummer jamming out in a garage or something. Very cool. So now I know how to make DM fills like I always hear, woohoo. :) Thanks again man. Cheers.

~006

006 said:
MetalHead28 - thank you so much for posting that up. Now I see why my fills never sounded like yours (the right DM way), because you are fucking INSANE, :lol:. Your programming is absolutely nuts my friend. Very nicely done. Even just the raw DFHS bounce out sounds like a drummer jamming out in a garage or something. Very cool. So now I know how to make DM fills like I always hear, woohoo. :) Thanks again man. Cheers.

~006

HAHA...Thanks my man. I knew I was INSANE, but I didn't realize it helped my programming :lol: . Glad I could help.
My favorite DM fills are the ones with lots of foot action, rolling from the toms to the kicks over and over again. That's sort of like my secret weapon :kickass:

Metalhead! Indeed! I just fired up your .dfh and midi into Nuendo. VERY nice programming.

I've been studying this and it is very nice work. The velo variations on the snare hits are fantastic.

What is your general modus operandi? Is every single hit done via step input/auto quantize or was this originally a much slower (120bpm) e-kit performance and then refined/tweaked with micro-management?

EtherForBreakfast said:
Metalhead! Indeed! I just fired up your .dfh and midi into Nuendo. VERY nice programming.

I've been studying this and it is very nice work. The velo variations on the snare hits are fantastic.

What is your general modus operandi? Is every single hit done via step input/auto quantize or was this originally a much slower (120bpm) e-kit performance and then refined/tweaked with micro-management?

Thanks.
Every single hit is drawn in with the mouse in the piano roll view. I usually draw in all the hits and then just tweak the velocities to suit. Either by just clicking on individual hits, or drawing them in the controller pane. I use Sonar by the way.
It's actually a pretty fast process anymore. I do alot of cutting and pasting too, I just tweak things afterwards so it doesn't sound like it's repeating too much.

Metalhead28 said:
Thanks, and that is some cool stuff you've done there too!

thanks

hopefully this summer i can find the time to do some proper recordings of some of that stuff...gonna attempt to use a real snare and hi hat, and use DFH2 for the rest of the kit (which will probably have me realizing i should just stick to guitar...but i'm gonna give it a try :heh: )