Headbangers Ball - First Show (Review?)

peavy_fan

May 8, 2003
Well I would like to make a few comments about the return of the Headbangers Ball program aired last Saturday on MTV 2. It’s been about 8 years since the last HBB show and believe me I did not watch the show that often the last year it aired on MTV mostly because they where playing bands that I taught didn’t deserve to be in the show. I know that HBB will not play any Power Metal or Prog Metal Video actually when the Ball was on the air the first time they only played from the Prog-Power sides videos from Helloween, Savatage, Dream Theater, Yngwie, Fates Warning so I wasn’t expecting any “Statovarius” video last Saturday night.

I got a beer and started to watch the Ball, around 10PM Metallica started to talk and they look pretty much with no hope specially James. The first video was “One” from Metallica, then they put a Godsmack video (Not a big fan) but I really liked the song. After a few other videos and a stand video which I think It sucks they play a video from a Band called “Killswitch Engage”, man now we are talking HBB their music sounded like Mercyful Fate, without King Diamond I really liked that song. Then a band called Mudvayne or something like that had their video, they look like they have some Prog influences in their music. The only old videos the played where Metallica “One” and a video from suicidal tendences which I have never seen before but I was pretty good.

After all the show ended and I was mostly pleased with the show, It was much better than the last HBB shows in 1995. The only video I didn’t like was the stand video and I can get that mad because back in the day HBB used to play Bon Jovi Videos so what the heck!!!.

Personally I think that a band like Dream Theater can get a video played in the new HBB and the bands from Century Media also can because they played a video from Shadows Fall which is from Century Media.

For all those Power Metal Fans like me, this is a positive thing because if the new HBB has some success then MTV Europe will bring back the BALL there and I remember when HBB was on the air in Europe they showed Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, Rage and all the other band videos.

have you been listening to the same MERCYFUL FATE that had King Diamond?They sound NOTHING like Killswitch Engage.
Mudvayne has prog influences????????

Disturbed
Mudvayne
Godsmack
does not equal anything otherthan the same old crap they play everyother day of the week.I am soooooooo glad I dont have any Mtv anymore

Creeps said:
check out Uranium on Much Music every day at 7pm eastern too... \m/
I think that show pretty much blows to. All they play is Death metal or nu metal and if you've seen the video for Hatebreed, Shadows Fall, SR71, Chevelle or Coal Chamber you've pretty much seen half their rotation.

Don't get me wrong, i don't like it because of the Death metal or nu metal, it's the serious lack of rotation on the music.

Killswitch Engage are good... and I like some Mudvayne songs as well, but I never seen the HBB, I dunno if its aired here yet or if I missed it..