HEADSPACE: I Am Anonymous

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
HEADSPACE is a British rock band consisting of Adam Wakeman (keyboards), Damian Wilson (vocals), Pete Rinaldi (guitar), Richard Brook (drums) and bassist Lee Pomeroy.

The first release, an ep entitled “I am...” coincided with the opening slots on Ozzy Osbourne’s European leg of the Black Rain tour in 2007.

The HEADSPACE debut album 'I Am Anonymous' is due for release in May 2012 and is tipped to be one of the hot progressive albums of the year.

http://www.facebook.com/headspaceonline
http://www.headspaceonline.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a chance to listen to this album last week and was blown away. The production and song writing reminded me a lot of Haken. Damian is obviously awesome and in a time where I've been hearing a lot of new music that is just so-so...Headspace actually grabbed me. Great album, I enjoyed the whole thing.

This disc is fantastic! Got it three days ago at the same time as 4 other CD's and haven't spun the other discs yet because i keep wanting more of this one. Killer stuff.

Absolutely incredible even though I am a Damian Wilson fanboy! Seriously, it has bits and pieces of everything from prog rock to prog metal to even some aspects that remind me of Damian's solo material. Going to be a nice year for me between this release and my most anticipated release in a long time: the new Threshold!

I'm pretty sure it's going be my #1 disc of 2012. Damien Wilson will get my award for top vocalist of the year as well for his work on this, and also the latest from Threshold .. which is also quite good.

Britt

I think this is a fine disc, but the godawful title of the 6th track automatically disqualifies it from being considered as the #1 album of the year.

I think this is a fine disc, but the godawful title of the 6th track automatically disqualifies it from being considered as the #1 album of the year.

I feel the opposite. The title of track 6 is what gives this album the edge over most released this year.

When I first read the title it did come off as a bit of a head scratcher, but from what I read in an interview there's a back story behind it. To sum it up quickly, the title comes from a conversation that Damien had with a soldier in a pub. The soldier explained to Damien how hard it was for him to tell his kids that he had to leave again for duty. The soldier breaks down and just tells his kids .. listen .. Daddy fucking loves you.

Britt