Heaven and Hell...

They played songs from the 3 Dio era Sabbath studio albums plus some of the new ones they did from The Dio Years.

RE: Copyright and concept, quoth Dio himself:

“Quite simply, Iommi owns the name Black Sabbath. So right away, let’s quash the speculation and rumours that Sharon Osbourne’s there with an axe over somebody’s head. That’s not the case at all. I think that’s what everybody seems to think, but it’s simply not true. I think it’s something that Iommi wanted to do, just because of what Black Sabbath have been through. For the last ten years, Black Sabbath have been playing Iron Man, Paranoid, Black Sabbath etc, etc, etc. So I think Tony wanted to make a separation between that band and this band. Had he not done that, it would be called Black Sabbath – The Dio Years. That is offensive to me. It’s either going to be Black Sabbath or not Black Sabbath. It can’t be a bit of both. He wanted to call it Heaven And Hell, and that was fine by me. I mean let’s face it; everyone is going to call us Black Sabbath anyway right? And really, what difference does it make? It’s something that I think Iommi felt very strongly about, and that was O.K. by me. As I said before, in the end they’re going to call us Black Sabbath anyway. I mean that’s who we are.”

Best gig I've ever been to.
Best sound, best songs.. Front row centre on the floor!

:headbang: :headbang:

They played songs from the 3 Dio era Sabbath studio albums plus some of the new ones they did from The Dio Years.

RE: Copyright and concept, quoth Dio himself:
Cheers for that, interesting, (now I've read that) I can understand Dio's position too.

They really should've played The Devil Cried:cry:

There were countless songs I wished they had played, and a couple that I think they should have skipped/shortened. However, it was f'king Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Ronnie James Dio and Vinny Appice that chose the set - who am I to second guess them?!

np; Down sucked. Besides having a good voice, just how did Phil become a legend of metal? His stage presence and personality rates as a zero.

I'm thinking of doing the unthinkable and skipping the support act tonight. The only other time I did this was when I saw Maiden the second time and decided that it wasn't really necessary to see Lauren Harris live again. And I missed the first half of Trivium's set, but I saw that the night before.

Oh, and I missed Kings of the Sun when I saw Kiss in 2000 or whenever it was, but heard them in the car park while we were waiting to get in. Can't say I lost any sleep over that one.

I try to catch the major ones and ones I like or am interested in, but do miss quite a few. My bad.

Brisbane show review:

Turned up late, hoping to miss out on Down... but no, I walked in halfway through Shifter's set. Who? Some skinny blokes who weren't all that bad.

I didn't like Down at all... well, they were OK when Phil wasn't singing. That's one hour of my life I'll never get back.

Sabbath were very good. They played the standard setlist mentioned in this thread. Strange that Ronnie said that they hadn't played Die Young in ages, that they had rehearsed it once or twice. Maybe I missed something there. I got excited because I couldn't remember seeing it in the setlists posted (for some reason I thought they did Lonely Is The Word instead) and looked forward to posting here bragging about the fact that they performed it live. Well, they did. So there.

I don't know what the problem was (well, maybe I do) but the crowd were DEAD during the songs. Maybe they were waiting for Ozzy-era songs (one guy kept shouting "WAR PIGS!!" behind me, and a guy at the taxi rank after the show said "It wouldn't have hurt them to play Paranoid"). They came alive between songs, shouting and yahooing, but apart from that... nothing. I did my best to sing along though.

They put on a good show, but it just felt a bit off to me. I didn't feel that I was witnessing metal gods in action, but instead it seemed as if I was watching a bunch of people witnessing metal gods in action. Maybe it was the seats I had, I don't know.

Enjoyable, but a bit disappointing.

Nothing special, Timmy, nothing special at all. She does a cover of a Gun song (Steal Your Fire) so she gets bonus points for that, but if she wasn't Steve's little girl you wouldn't have heard of her.

That said, she might improve and go on to be a big star.

Brisbane show review:

Turned up late, hoping to miss out on Down... but no, I walked in halfway through Shifter's set. Who? Some skinny blokes who weren't all that bad.

I didn't like Down at all... well, they were OK when Phil wasn't singing. That's one hour of my life I'll never get back.

Sabbath were very good. They played the standard setlist mentioned in this thread. Strange that Ronnie said that they hadn't played Die Young in ages, that they had rehearsed it once or twice. Maybe I missed something there. I got excited because I couldn't remember seeing it in the setlists posted (for some reason I thought they did Lonely Is The Word instead) and looked forward to posting here bragging about the fact that they performed it live. Well, they did. So there.

I don't know what the problem was (well, maybe I do) but the crowd were DEAD during the songs. Maybe they were waiting for Ozzy-era songs (one guy kept shouting "WAR PIGS!!" behind me, and a guy at the taxi rank after the show said "It wouldn't have hurt them to play Paranoid"). They came alive between songs, shouting and yahooing, but apart from that... nothing. I did my best to sing along though.

They put on a good show, but it just felt a bit off to me. I didn't feel that I was witnessing metal gods in action, but instead it seemed as if I was watching a bunch of people witnessing metal gods in action. Maybe it was the seats I had, I don't know.

Enjoyable, but a bit disappointing.

Thats a shame, but of the 3 gigs I went to only at Newcastle ONLY one bloke I came accross who I might add was a total dick and pissed complained about no Ozzy stuff, he was going to ask for a refund after the show if they did not play any Ozzy era - Dickhaed.
Admittly at the last show I was pretty pissed but fuk i enjoyed myself , but I new what I was getting well before hand.
Yes " Lone is the World " is fuking great, so was Die Young, Falling off the Edge of the World, Voodoo, I , Mob Rules, Sign of Sourthern Cross, Heaven and Hell, Neon Knights, ....
Shit can't think of anymore

Down were playing when I got there but I stuck close to the bar in another room.

I'm struggling to remember the Adelaide setlist but it rocked when they played I.