HELLOWEEN IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA

VenomGA said:
Screw Orlando, they need to play ATL

I hear ya, but unfortunately Atlanta gets screwed. No promoters want to take on acts unless they're in heavy rotation on MTV. Hell...Sharon Ozbourne thumbed her nose at Atlanta...not that that's a bad thing :tickled:

Ascension said:
I hear ya, but unfortunately Atlanta gets screwed. No promoters want to take on acts unless they're in heavy rotation on MTV. Hell...Sharon Ozbourne thumbed her nose at Atlanta...not that that's a bad thing :tickled:

Who is promoting the Sonata Arctica show at the Masquerade on Feb. 18? Maybe we can get that person to book Helloween.

legalman20 said:
I HEARD SOME RUMORS THAT HELLOWEEN WILL BE PLAYING IN ORLANDO IN MAY.....CAN ANYBODY CONFIRM THIS?? I WOULD LOVE TO BE PATRON ON THIS CALL..

Not sure, and honestly dont care... Now if they come to NY, it's another story...

Also.. why do you have to type with the caps lock on all the time, are you screaming or need to get attention? We will read it regardless man! :p

Ascension said:
Hhhmm...now there's a thought. Have to do research.

The Masquerade is booking the show and they are scared to death that Sonata will draw less than 100 people. They are booking some local bands that whose style really doesn't mesh with Sonata, but will sell tickets just in case. Sonata is not asking for the same kind of money that Strat did so it is easier for promoters to take a chance on them.

Helloween did play Atlanta on their last tour at the Masquerade as well and did ok, nothing spectacular.

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
They are booking some local bands whose style really doesn't mesh with Sonata, but will sell tickets just in case.

One of the local openers is Devane; while their style isn't like Sonata Arctica, the singer/guitarist is the guy that also does a project called Torquestra, who some of you may remember from last year's ProgPower Showcase CD...so if you're going to the show, please GET THERE EARLY!

Here's a sample of a tune called "Last Time"

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Showmp3.asp?mp3id=9653&aid=408

and here's the full version of a tune called "Prey"

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Showmp3.asp?mp3id=11842&aid=408

Pellaz said:
Thanks for that, James; I'd forgotten about that connection. They're cool guys, too; they've dropped by the studio during WREKage to promote and hang out.

No problem; I've heard them on WREKage...thanks for having them in the studio! You guys do a great job promoting the local bands, and it is very much appreciated
:headbang: