Here's a selection of metal songs and bands that I like, can you recommend some more?

Altana

New Metal Member
Sep 26, 2011
Hello! I'm new here and this is my first post!

I discovered metal a couple of years ago through some goth chick and loved it ever since. My favourite genre is Symphonic Metal but what I really like is the... Energy! I don't like those Symphonic Metal songs that are just depressing about dying, loosing your lover or whatever, the reason why I listen to metal is because it just fills you with energy, power!

I was wondering whether you guys could recommend some other bands I might like. No need to recommend Nightwish, Cradle of Filth and all that, I don't like them.

- Unleashed, Epica

- Faster, Within Temptation (I love it!)

- The Howling, Within Temptation (Okay this one is kinda depressing though but I like the... Power in it!)

- The Prophet Said, Lacuna Coil

- The Game, Lacuna Coil (One of my absolute favourites right now)

- What have you done, Within Temptation (Okay kinda depressing too)

- The Dance, Within Temptation (Very depressing once again but powerful!)

In fact what I need is strong metal that isn't depressing, about death or breaking up or anything depressing...

Grunt wise I like the grunts in this song a lot: (I love this song but the choir is distracting and Blair... Well Blair ruins it for me.)

Voice wise I prefer female vocalists, my favourite being Sharon den Adel of Within Temptation. I don't like Tarja & Co at all.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
............ I'm sorry, I have no idea how to recommend you anything. Within Temptation/Epica are flower metal, and Lacuna Coil is more hard rock.

............ I'm sorry, I have no idea how to recommend you anything. Within Temptation/Epica are flower metal, and Lacuna Coil is more hard rock.

Flower metal? :D

Well as I said I'm looking for metal with symphonic aspects, it has to be catchy and strong. So if you have any stronger more powerful symphonic metal bring it on!

As I've said the choirs and all that shit bores me out of my mind. I want songs where you just wanna barge through a door and start dancing.

I want songs where you just wanna barge through a door and start dancing.

Also, haha, I don’t see how any of the songs you posted makes you "just wanna barge through a door and start dancing". It’s ridiculous to imagine, really. :lol:

The Howling makes me wanna take an axe and destroy someone's door.

I could also see myself pounding someone to the rhythm of Faster.

The Game makes me want to torture small animals to the beat of the music.

The Dance is ideal for slitting throat after throat in a swinging motion.

But the Doctors says I shouldn't listen to the voices. :tickled:

The Howling makes me wanna take an axe and destroy someone's door.

I could also see myself pounding someone to the rhythm of Faster.

The Game makes me want to torture small animals to the beat of the music.

The Dance is ideal for slitting throat after throat in a swinging motion.

But the Doctors says I shouldn't listen to the voices. :tickled:

You’re feeling violent because you force yourself to listen to shitty music.

you might like dark moor

uh oh! forgot about the greatest female fronted doom metal band of all time, Rain Fell Within

Last edited by a moderator: