Hibria

Hibria... ahhhh, you guys just made me put The Skull Collector now.

Such a fucking awesome band... They toured North America last year, I believe... but only Canada! :lol:

I would love to see Hibria at ProgPower. They would seriously set the place on fire. It'd be a hell of a way to teach the "heavy" power metal bands how it's done.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLcQG3rwWKA&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKQstdpRstY&feature=related[/ame]

I think this was posted on the heavy/dark power metal thread that Glenn had by someone. Never heard of them before, but they are definitely a band I want to get into.

Hibria... ahhhh, you guys just made me put The Skull Collector now.

Such a fucking awesome band... They toured North America last year, I believe... but only Canada! :lol:
I caught them in Edmonton on that tour. They played at this shitty, shitty little pub 5 minutes walk from my house with a single monitor up front, 4 local openers that all sucked, no light show, at 1:00 AM to the 50 people who actually knew Hibria. It was incredible. Quite possibly one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life, they played like it was a festival crowd, got offstage at 2:30 in the morning and spent more time meeting people, signing merchandise and just hanging out. They were grinning like idiots the whole time, and thanks everyone for watching.

I caught them in Edmonton on that tour. They played at this shitty, shitty little pub 5 minutes walk from my house with a single monitor up front, 4 local openers that all sucked, no light show, at 1:00 AM to the 50 people who actually knew Hibria. It was incredible. Quite possibly one of the best shows I've ever seen in my life, they played like it was a festival crowd, got offstage at 2:30 in the morning and spent more time meeting people, signing merchandise and just hanging out. They were grinning like idiots the whole time, and thanks everyone for watching.

You sir, are a lucky son of a bitch. :lol:

Maybe I'll catch them in Brazil next year. Or maybe they'll actually play the States beforehand.

Same goes for Matos. *sigh* Good things happen to those who wait (especially those who get screwed over because of stupid VISAS!)

I usually am not a fan of bands in this heavier, more traditional style heavy/power metal. However, there's no way you can't like Hibria. They would, like cslebn said, blow the roof off in Atlanta, or anywhere it is that they played.

Glenn, you a fan?

The promoter of that tour should have advertised it more. I mean, I'm usually aware of all the shows that come to my city, but this one went completely unnoticed. No ads at all. I found that they played the day after the show. They did play (in a very small bar) the very same night than Hammerfall played over here in March or April. Bad timing for them I think, as most of the crowd they could have drawn was at the Hammerfall show...

The promoter of that tour should have advertised it more. I mean, I'm usually aware of all the shows that come to my city, but this one went completely unnoticed. No ads at all. I found that they played the day after the show. They did play (in a very small bar) the very same night than Hammerfall played over here in March or April. Bad timing for them I think, as most of the crowd they could have drawn was at the Hammerfall show...
The promoters where an unsigned, unknown power/thrash/melodeath band from Vancouver called "Archon Legion" (And whatever venue) who got in touch in Hibria randomly and said that they'd love to open for them if they ever came to Vancouver. A little while down the road, Hibria got back to them and said that they'd like to book a coast-to-coast tour of Canada, and asked Archon Legion to do it. Archon Legion (having done a cross-canada tour before) went and did, it, but only booking small metal bars that they had played at before. Hibria were basically on vacation with all their gear! The only "big" show for them was the Calgary date that a really great promoter had turned into an all-ages event at a very nice club with some great openers. However, due to vehicle problems Hibria didn't even make it to that one!

I mainly think that this tour was mostly for fun, and to try and spread a little word up here. That's my understanding, at leaast.

Thanks for posting this. I've had "Defying The Rules" for a while and love it but had no idea this 2008 album existed. I thought for sure HIBRIA was a one-and-done type of project.

Was just listening to "The Skull Collectors" and noticed that some of the guitar riffs/tone/speed remind me of SHADOWKEEP. Any fans of HIBRIA should be sure to check out the latest SHADOWKEEP.

-TMP

Last edited by a moderator: