Holy Grail and Scale The Summit @ The Masquerade 9/3

Prosthetic Records

New Metal Member
Apr 21, 2009
Don't know how it happened, but two of our ProgPower-friendly acts got booked to play The Masquerade in different rooms on the same night. Anyone in Atlanta who wants to kick off the holiday weekend in style -- or anyone who's in the mood for an unofficial PPUSA pre-pre-pre-party -- is more than welcome!

Holy Grail (www.myspace.com/holygrail) will support Exodus in the big room. EP out now, full-length out 10/26, major tour announcement due next week. Band has recently toured with Amon Amarth and 3 Inches of Blood.

Meanwhile, Scale The Summit (www.myspace.com/scalethesummit) will headline a smaller room. Band is taking a break from writing their new album (due in early '11) to do a small run of dates to another prog-fest in Carolina this weekend. You might have seen 'em on the BTBAM/Cynic/Devin tour earlier this year, or with Dream Theater and Zappa Plays Zappa last summer. I think tickets are just $8.

Apologies for the intrusion. Congrats on the sellout, Glenn!

Prosthetic Records

Will be at both. Local thrash act Sadistic Ritual will be playing in Purgatory, too.

Also on the Exodus show is Bonded by Blood, one of my favorite new thrash bands. And Malevolent Creation.

I was really crushed that I couldn't make it to the StS show (due to Dragon*Con). Fourth time with a chance to have seen them, but I've only seen them at the BtB&M show.

The Universe Divide (basically, Canvas Solaris) were a local opener for that StS show here, too...another reason I regret not being able to attend. :(