Madina Lake - Caught Somewhere In Time
Gallows - Wrathchild
Fightstar - Fear Of The Dark
Machine Head - Hallowed Be Thy Name
Trivium - Iron Maiden
Year Long Disaster - Running Free
Ghostlines - Brave New World

Ok, listening now. Fucking hell.

I'm pretty sure the Metallica cover is from the Newsted days?

Dream Theater's is OK, the rest so far is utter arse.

Well, at least Metal Hammer is still around. :)

Classic Rock is my music mag of choice these days, and that does me just fine.

Yeah, same here. Love Classic Rock. :headbang:

Ok, have listened to the ahem 'highlights' of this disc. Holy fucking shit sauce, what a travesty. Was about 2 minutes into Caught Somewhere In Time before I realised what it was supposed to be. The NSync version of Hallowed Be Thy Name was particularly nasty. So basically as well as a shit mag you get a shit disc too. I expect nothing less from Kerrang. I can always use something to line the cats litter box I suppose.

I've aquired it by alternative means, and I have the following to say:

Bah, you're all just close minded music snob. Most of them are just note for note covers with a different vocal style, and with the possible exception of two of them they're interesting interpretations. I reckon Maiden song are up with AC/DC songs. They're hard to fuck up no matter what you do with them.

The two notable exceptions are Run To The Hills (and it's an enormous achievement to be able to fuck *that* one up), and Brave New World.

I dig most of them actually. At first the really "different" ones made me go "grrr" but after I kinda listened to them in the context of being a different take on the song I quite enjoy them.

Coheed do The Trooper live and it sounds 10000x better live than it does on the CD...which is quite horrible haha.

I really dig the pre-bruce songs.

There are some fucking horrible ones on there (Avenged Sevenfold, Glamour of the Kill, Coheed and Cambria) but there are some great tracks on there too.

I'm not a Dream Theater fan but I think they did a pretty damn good job of To Tame A Land, which isn't exactly the best song in the first place. Sigh's cover of Run To The Hill is fantastic, and Metallica's track isn't half bad either.

But the standout to me is EASILY Ghostlines' cover of Brave New World. It's a very interesting take on the song and is bloody good, one of the best Maiden cover's I've heard. I much prefer when bands try something different with cover tracks like this, rather than just clones of the original with different vocals.