How do I take a multi-hit sample and make it ready for Drumagog?

MegaMustaine

Apr 7, 2006
This is a basic question, but a search yielded no promising results. Basically I have a few samples that have 5 hits of different velocities. I want to take one of the hits and use it to replace with Drumagog. Is it as simple as importing it as Wav, cutting it up and keeping the hit I want, then re-exporting? I know people get upset if there are too many basic questions floating around, so i apologize if anyone's upset by the question.

Yeap, when you cut just get it snug around the hit but make sure you don't cut tooo close to the beginning of the hit, and also at the end make sure you leave enough room for the decay (if there's any room tone/reverb on it). Sometimes a small fade at the end will help it if you need it. Drumagog's auto align will place them for the most part.

I would also use all five of your samples rather than one.

Yeap, when you cut just get it snug around the hit but make sure you don't cut tooo close to the beginning of the hit, and also at the end make sure you leave enough room for the decay (if there's any room tone/reverb on it). Sometimes a small fade at the end will help it if you need it. Drumagog's auto align will place them for the most part.

I would also use all five of your samples rather than one.

:worship: but... if you cut too far from the begining your hit will be out of time. then will sound weird