How fast will the showcase sellout? (averages)

How fast will the showcase sellout?

• 1-3 days

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • 1-3 weeks

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • 1-2 months

Votes: 23 53.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know if it will. If it does sellout, I think it will take a few months.

I think it will take several months if it does sell out. Nothing against the lineup, because I feel it is the best one yet, just not everyone who comes to the main show in turn comes to the Showcase show.

I say no to a sellout. Not everyone attending the rest of the fest goes to the showcase. It would have sold out no problem at the smaller club upstairs but I suspect it'll be at least 100 tickets short. Only way a sellout is if enough Atlantians who have no interest in dropping over $100 for the rest want to check out the showcase.

I think that it will sell out eventually FK and VP are pretty big names now in our scene of music and I think peopel will figure out ways to get off work or whatever they need to do to come in a day earlier.

I'm not sure about a sell-out, but I think a very large percentage of PP attendees will buy tickets given the strength of the lineup. I'd be surprised if much more than 100 are left.

If last year's didn't sell out (Circle II Circle and Circus Maximus), I don't see this year's selling out. That said, I hope I'm wrong for Shane's sake.

Steve in Philly

VP is a big draw, and Freak Kitchen, while AWESOME, is still not as big of a draw as most people think on this forum. Keep in mind we're a very narrow band of the fan base spectrum, and just because most people on the BOARD knows of Freak Kitchen doesn't mean they're a big name in the genere. I had no idea who they were and was much less enthusiastic to see them before last year. Clearly, they won me over. 10 fold.

That said, I don't believe the Showcase is going to sell out.

I can't really say whether I think it will sell out or not because I'm not as familiar with pasts showcases as much as most of you here. I can say this...while I love the main festival as well and am attending all 3 nights, Vanden Plas was by far the biggest draw for me.

it could very easily sell out... even if not every PPUSA attendee goes, Cellador should have enough advertising and recognition to sell whatever tix don't go to PPUSA attendees.

About 1,200, same as PP itself. (PP is about 300 Gold Badges and 900 regular tickets.)

We're doing our best on WREKage to get the word out about the Showcase, since I agree with the sentiment that local Atlantian ticket sales can make or break it, and WREK reaches nearly all of the Atlanta metro area. This past week we mentioned PP tickets going on sale (and we played some Cellador since they'd just been announced :D ), and this coming Friday we'll get the word out about Showcase tickets going on sale. :headbang:

About 1,200, same as PP itself. (PP is about 300 Gold Badges and 900 regular tickets.)

We're doing our best on WREKage to get the word out about the Showcase, since I agree with the sentiment that local Atlantian ticket sales can make or break it, and WREK reaches nearly all of the Atlanta metro area. This past week we mentioned PP tickets going on sale (and we played some Cellador since they'd just been announced :D ), and this coming Friday we'll get the word out about Showcase tickets going on sale. :headbang:

Ahhh......300 gold badges for the festival is it? I actually was wondering how many of those get issued. The number is actually a lot higher than I would have expected although since this is my first Prog Power I wasn't sure what to expect. Fortunately I was able to secure a couple of gold badges myself.

My understanding is that Showcase tickets go on-sale this Saturday, March 10 -- is that correct? Are they being sold on Ticketmaster? I've not seen any information in this regard and didn't want to miss out on getting mine ordered.

<snip>...this is my first Prog Power... Fortunately I was able to secure a couple of gold badges myself.

:guh:

...and just who did you have to kill to get a 'couple' of Gold Badges? :err:

heh heh - I jest. It's just funny that someone who has never attended was actually able to procure a pair of gold badges. I care not myself, as I am an original Gold Badge holder. :cool:

:headbang:

:guh:

...and just who did you have to kill to get a 'couple' of Gold Badges? :err:

heh heh - I jest. It's just funny that someone who has never attended was actually able to procure a pair of gold badges. I care not myself, as I am an original Gold Badge holder. :cool:

:headbang:

The gold badges were actually a fluke. I had intended to visit last year's festival so I put my name on the waiting list just in case. Well last year's festival came and went and I couldn't attend due to work obligations (I do a fair amount of business travel in the fall). Well recently I received an email out of the blue from Glenn indicating my name came up on the gold badge list for this year and I jumoped at the chance. Work will have to wait this time around since I intend to hang onto these beauties as long as I can!

People are talking about VP and FK forget about Cellador. I would not be surprisd if this was a sellout, and fast. Shane went beyond the wildest imaginations of most people. As I said on another thread, this was a worthy Day 1 lineup. Though the chances of me being at the Pre-Party is slim because of work, I see this selling out nonetheless.