How many CDs do you buy in a month?

Yeah, about 20 or so.. Usually 5 a week or somewhere around that..
January I didn't buy much because I spent a shitload on my trip to Brazil in december... But in a regular month I'd say around 20 between new and used..

MadeInNewJersey said:
Which store? Vintage Vinyl in Fords, NJ, 51 Lafayette Rd, right off Route 1 (exit 130 off the Garden State Parkway South), phone # (732) 225-7717, website URL www.vvinyl.com - that one?

:Smokedev:

Mark,

Paypal address and bank account numbers have also been PMd to you. I thank you for your payments in advance. :tickled:

I still buy ALOT of cds. It's always been my main hobby. I'm always finding albums, cheap. Some months it can add up to be 50, some months 10. It boils down to how often I visit the local record store. We have a pretty good independent music store (now 11 stores) here in Maryland, which has always been very good to me. And now that I work there, it doesn't help my CD collecting situation any, haha!

nightwish58 said:
Way to damn many! I have approx 2000 original factory pressed cd's with dozens of them being Japanese releases. I could put a down payment on a house with the money I have spent on music. But as far as I'm concerned, it was and still is worth it as these musicians bring me so much joy through their music. I will always continue to support true music, done from the heart and with pride. I got a bit off topic here, but screw it; I'm passionate about this music. Anyway, approx 10 a month!

What a sap! Haha

Lately I've been buying about 15-20 a month. My CD collection is growing exponentially and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a horrendous drive to hell everyday so I just dump them on to my MP3 player and listen all the way to hell and back and the whole time I'm in hell.

Hell = work.

lady_space said:
I, too, buy the stuff I like that I hear from a download or burned copy. It may take me a couple of months to get around to it, but get around to it I do. :)

Geez... Tell me about it. With buying a house, planning a wedding and going to school, I'm probably a good year or so behind on my purchases. I'm able to buy so few during the year that I usually end up coming home with a dozen, or more, after PP. :)

--Mike

MadeInNewJersey said:
Those are completely contradictory statements, unless you only buy used on Amazon.

I definately buy used! Amazon's regular prices suck! They do have some good deals on used stuff though. Best place online to buy new CDs is usually The End Records. Stuff they don't carry I'll just buy at my friends CD shop or wait until Prog Power and hit the dealers tables.

Count me in as one of the "buy in batches" people. I buy everything online, so I'll usually go a month or two without a purchase, and then go for a big order. I probably wind up with about 30 per year, and yes, it is harder to keep up with them nowadays. Luckily, the mp3 player at the gym is a big help!

I know it's been discussed before, but I am still amazed at where those with
collections in the thousands put their damn CDs. I'm at about 700 CDs, and I've already moved my wife's (small) collection off our main rack, and I'm now looking for more places. :)
Steve in Philly

Between 10, and 25 myself. All depends on the month. Thats a combo of new releases, and others I snag on eBay.

I follow the scene religiously, so there are very few bands I wouldnt know. If its in the Power or Prog genre I most likely know them.

Also a fan of the Japanese, and Argentina scene.

Oh and I also am a big buyer of Japanese imports that have bonus tracks. I have a huge Japanese release collection.

up until last summer, I was banking 5-10 CD's a month including eBay bargins I find.... :ill:

lately it's been about 1-3 month... maybe. However, I went on a serious holliday hall (due to a local music chain closing) and swipped about two dozen CD's for 5 bucks, nearly all being new releases form badn like Primal Fear, Children of Bodom, Flotsam & Jetsam, Helloween, et cetra.

at this moment, me and the wife have 2500+ CD in our collection.

\m/
Dustin

I'm starting to push the 1-2 a month.

Right now I browse a lot of groups on Myspace to get an idea of what I like.

I also subscribe to Rhapsody (for various musical tastes), and while their metal selection is improving, it still needs -a lot- of improvement. But... there is lots of great metal on here, and they tend to get the 'new releases' so that keeps me from having to shell out as much money.

DarkOne said:
Count me in as one of the "buy in batches" people. I buy everything online, so I'll usually go a month or two without a purchase, and then go for a big order. I probably wind up with about 30 per year, and yes, it is harder to keep up with them nowadays. Luckily, the mp3 player at the gym is a big help!

I know it's been discussed before, but I am still amazed at where those with
collections in the thousands put their damn CDs. I'm at about 700 CDs, and I've already moved my wife's (small) collection off our main rack, and I'm now looking for more places. :)
Steve in Philly
Here's where you put 'em :cool:

Rack #1:
1981404.JPG

Rack #2:
151163426557.JPG

Close-up, just for the heck of it:
5669284.JPG

ha! I have Boltz racks too...

I used to buy in the neighborhood of 10 per month... these days, I don't listen to nearly as much music... I buy MAYBE one per month, and I listen to MAYBE that many. I've got a large backlog of cds I haven't yet listened to, which dates back to about a year ago.

Nice! I'm a boltz.com devotee, best made CD racks I've ever encountered, albeit quite pricey. But heck, since I want my CDs right out in my living room, at least this way they look nice enough to be part of the "furniture," you know?

I'm with ya Shaye, I/we (yippee38 and myself) buy in spurts. And we are also in the camp that downloads to check out then always buys the albums. We always want to support the musicians we like so they can keep makin more stuff we like :D