How Much Time for MARTA

DarkOne said:
Hey guys.

If I use MARTA, how long should it take from landing at the airport to arriving at the Fairfield.

I've rented a car the last two PP's, but this link (http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149131&highlight=marta) convinced me that public trans might be good enough (and that's more money for CDs :D ). How much time should I leave myself?

Thanks for the Info

Steve

If I recall right it takes about 30 to 40 minutes to get to the hotel from the airport using marta. There are quite a few stops. The price is right though -- a buck fifty or something.

I've been to all the ProgPowers and I'm yet to to get a rental car. If I need to go somehwere with some distance I just take a cab. Generally you can find some other metalheads to share a fare with you as long as you are going close to some tourist site.

Hope this helps

Britt

DarkTide said:
If I recall right it takes about 30 to 40 minutes to get to the hotel from the airport using marta. There are quite a few stops. The price is right though -- a buck fifty or something.

I've been to all the ProgPowers and I'm yet to to get a rental car. If I need to go somehwere with some distance I just take a cab. Generally you can find some other metalheads to share a fare with you as long as you are going close to some tourist site.

Hope this helps

Britt

Yep good call Britt. I am a semi-local (about 90 miles from Atlanta) and their Marta subway system is excellent. Their website also gives you the popular attractions at the different Marta stops.

Bryant