Hurricane Ike

Thorn23TX

Marked By The Triangle
Jun 16, 2005
Dallas
I just wanted to tell all of our brothers and sisters in Houston, Galveston and all along the Gulf Coast that my thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope that you have a safe place to ride out the storm.

My sister and her family evacuated around noon today...

I have a friend who lived in New Orleans during Katrina - and moved to Lafayette, LA after Katrina. Now it looks like he's in the path of Ike. He survived Gustov with no problem, but Ike looks like it will hit southwestern Lousiana as well as the Texas coast.

Good luck to all of you out there in Ike's path!

Our Brothers and Sisters in Houston, please take care and know we are saying a prayer for you, especially Shane and Family, Bobby W., Sloan and the Silenced Within guys, Shawn, Matt, Rusty, Don Lafone, Eric Halpren Darren Davis, Mike Martin, all the MIndcrime guys, the Krucible Guys, The Helstar guys, and any others i forgot. Stay safe.

Our prayers are with everyone who may be affected by Ike.
We're in the Sarasota area and we lost power and had some righteous storming; couple inches of flooding on the property as well.
Good luck to everyone in the path...

I have a lot of Family in Houston including my dad and brother. They are going to ride it out. We rode out Alisha back in the 80's and I hope this is not any worst.

I have a lot of Family in Houston including my dad and brother. They are going to ride it out. We rode out Alisha back in the 80's and I hope this is not any worst.

I kind of figured that your dad and brother would. Just from hearing you talk about them, they don't sound like the type to panic too easily.

~Brian~

Yes, everyone stay safe!! My best friend lives in Houston and he said that there wasn't enough time for him to evacuate. I am not sure why not, but he's staying put. He texted my cell to ask if I was sending him a care package if he gets stranded, and my response was "How many condoms you need?". Sorry, just my perverse sense of humor. I hoped it at least made him laugh. Hang in there everyone! My town which is right alongside the Delaware River (border of PA/NJ) was under water a couple summers ago, up to the top of houses & soda machines at the car wash. I am lucky to not be downtown but up on the hill, but it sucks to not be able to leave for a few days. I can't imagine what it be like to have your stuff wash away ....

Our Brothers and Sisters in Houston, please take care and know we are saying a prayer for you, especially Shane and Family, Bobby W., Sloan and the Silenced Within guys, Shawn, Matt, Rusty, Don Lafone, Eric Halpren Darren Davis, Mike Martin, all the MIndcrime guys, the Krucible Guys, The Helstar guys, and any others i forgot. Stay safe.

Hopefully they are all okay! I had a lot of phone numbers for these people but my phone broke two weeks ago and so I lost ALL of the numbers. Well, if anyone hears from someone down in Houston, tel them I have an extra bed a a couch if they need to get out immediately! It might be too late, and Dallas is still in the path for some brutal storming, but nonetheless.

There's a U.S. freighter stuck in the Gulf that was battered by the storm but they all made it through!

The eye is currently 45 miles from shore. Hopefully everyone is already out or holding on!!

Looks like Galveston and Houston caught it on the chin with this one (I was watching on radar as the eye actually passed over Galveston)....the only good news I've seen so far is that the storm-surge, expected to be as much as 20 feet, is a bit less, more like 13 feet.

The largest search-and-rescue in the history of the Republic of Texas begins....right about now. Here's hoping for the best.

I talked to Bobby Williamson, and Don lafone, and Mike Martin this morning around 10:00am mst and they were all okay, they were all just going to sleep as they stayed up all night as IKE passed thru. Some minor damage but luckily all are okay.

I talked to Bobby Williamson, and Don lafone, and Mike Martin this morning around 10:00am mst and they were all okay, they were all just going to sleep as they stayed up all night as IKE passed thru. Some minor damage but luckily all are okay.

Whew.

Texas state and Houston authorities were recommending that people in substantial dwellings away from flood-prone areas 'shelter in place'....glad that worked out for them. :kickass:

Sooo good to hear that the guys are okay! I hope all of them are!

Dallas got off easy! We had only a little more wind and rain than normal. I was up all night too, and finally went to bed around 9:30am when they said Ike took a slight turn to the NE. That took Dallas out of the immediate path. WHEW!! It's calm, albeit wet, and still outside now. We lucked out big time!

So I assume Andy Laudano and Rick (See You In Hell) are okay too since they both live W of here. I hope the other Dallasites and East Texas PPers made it through too!

Nothing but a little wind and rain here by White Rock Lake, Tammy... I've seen worse thunderstorms blow through. We were certainly lucky that Ike curved more to the east. I talked to my Sister and Brother-in-Law today and their neighbor who stayed behind checked and said that their house survived intact which is obviously good news, but that power lines were down all over. Reports on CNN said that power is out to 3+ Million people and may take 2-3 weeks to restore fully. Yikes!

Life without electricity sucks big time, we lost it for 3 days last winter here is Cali and I thought we were going to flip out. The heater goes out without electricity and the house got pretty damn cold... I'm sure it'll be the opposite there.
Wishing Texas good luck, hope the electricity isn't out for those folks for very long...

Nothing but a little wind and rain here by White Rock Lake, Tammy...

Wait..... I live right by White Rock Lake now. Are we neighbors? :err: I live on a side street off Fernald and E Lake Highlands Dr... Scotspring Ln to be exact. Where are you, O New Going To Concerts With Me Buddy? :p

3+ Million people without electricity, some for more than a day or two - or WEEKS... this wont end well, methinks. :erk: I am SO grateful we didn't lose power even once, no damage, no flooding... we are seriously lucky, Todd.

Looks bad enough, especially with the coastal storm surge, that my callsite may be converted to a FEMA 'intake' callsite within the week, maybe by Tuesday. During Katrina's aftermath, every last one of us in the building was taking FEMA calls.

Ike hit IL on Sunday morning. I was without power until around 3PM today. Totally messed up any assignments I was going to do. I'm just glad my power is back now.

Glad to hear some of our TX people are okay. :)