I AM the LAW!!

for the people that hated the Stallone Version
this movie looks like it'll be better
but my dumb-ass roommate is bitching that the re-make even happened
he's saying the original didn't need to be re-made
he's saying the Stallone version was "classic" and that a re-make is just "ruining a classic 90s movie"

it does seem to be a re-make/re-boot (or whatever you want to call it) according to wikipedia, this movie is NOT a sequel

Scott said they tried to get it in, and the producers never replied.

An example of failed PR. They got a solid song about "Mr Judge Dredd" yet could not spread the disease to infect the producers mind about including a song entitled "I AM THE LAW" in a Judge Dredd movie.

Keep on trying guys, maybe there'll be better luck next time.

That just sucks cause that song kicks ass.

I would have liked to have heard Amon Amarth "Twilight of the Thunder God" somewhere in the movie THOR :D

The plot looks almost the same as The Raid!!!

The Stallone version had some good ideas e.g Judge hunters, ABC Robot and Mean Machine which were very true to the comics but it was wrapped up in a crap. cartoonish package! Also Stallones uniform seems to be more true than this one.

That said, I'm looking forwards to this one but maybe there is not enough references to the comic to make it any more than a cop shooting bad guys movie!

for the people that hated the Stallone Version
this movie looks like it'll be better
but my dumb-ass roommate is bitching that the re-make even happened
he's saying the original didn't need to be re-made
he's saying the Stallone version was "classic" and that a re-make is just "ruining a classic 90s movie"

You need a better roommate.

Dredd was done shooting before The Raid even went into pre production.

Not to mention the script had leaked earlier, and the director of the Raid ripped it off.