I highly recommend seeing Styx on this tour...

Last time I saw Styx was quite a few years ago, at Beloit's River Fest.

Damn! Never thought I'd see my home town mentioned! Do they still have the boat races there as well? I so remember when my father would take us kids down there to watch the boat races. I don't even recall any of the bands that played there at the time, after all, it was over 25 years ago.

Anyway, will be seeing Styx right here in good ol' Fredericksburg this next weekend (the 14th) at a venue that is practically in my neighborhood. Looking forward to it! Just hope the weather does not suck, as it is an outdoor venue.

Would love to go see them on the tour in October (playing the Warner Theater in D.C. on October 27th). Don't know how easy that would be to pull off as that is a Wednesday and being a work night and all.

Why, oh, why can’t this Grand Illusion / Pieces Of Eight Tour be coming further west? Those are two of the 10 or so albums that I basically grew up on in middle school.

I guess my only consolation in missing this is that Dennis DeYoung is not with the band. I have enjoyed Styx with Gowan and he's an adequate replacement, but a good chunk of the thrill of seeing these albums performed live will be missed without DeYoung singing, IMO.

Wow, Man in the Wilderness, Castle Walls, Great White Hope, Queen of Spades. I'm jealous! :cry:

Well, got to see Styx played right here in good ol' Fredericksburg, VA. Not only that, but right in my own friggan neighborhood! That really was an awesome show last night!

This is the venue they played at:

Styx001Medium.jpg

I took this while waiting in line at the Snow-cone truck way at the back of the venue. As you can see, there is a pretty sizable crowd there. Glad I had a "gold circle" ticket, which is the seating area directly in front, right up against the stage.

I managed to get quite a few shots. Here are a few of the better ones:

Styx030Medium.jpg

Styx020Medium.jpg

Styx016Medium.jpg

Styx051Medium.jpg