I just heard the San Francisco Show tomorrow night is canceled

Bear

Got Shred??
Feb 6, 2002
Canton, Georgia
***cross posting on a couple boards to find out whats the fuck the deal is, man am I pissed right now***

This is not 100% confirmed but I spoke with a friend who said BG's bus broke down in Seattle last night and they are still there in Seattle. I need confirmation on this, becuase I am going to fucking blow a fucking wig if this is true! I also heard that Sym X is here in the Bay Area and are pissed. Jax or Deron can you e-mail me if you know this is true. Someone tell me that they don't rent fucking Buses in Seattle then I might think there was no way around this or hopefully this is just bullshit.

Bear

Trying to get in touch with the guys and/or IOMA now, I'll let ya know as soon as I know something.

Not starting any rumors or bullshit, I have a friend that is pretty credible with this info and she knows people at Century Media that told her that they were screwed up in Seattle which sucks ass!!! Sym X should play anyways!!!!

Bear

Okay I just spoke to Mike Romeo. Yes, BG's bus broke down in Seattle. Mike doesn't know where BG is at the moment, so he can't say for sure if they will be playing tomorrow night in SF or not. The bottom line is, this is BG's tour, and as such, they are calling the shots..SymX has no control whatsoever. He will be calling me tomorrow once he has more information..so for the time being, things are officially still up in the air. Please don't run wild with the rumors unless you get your info from the bands themselves, or someone in direct contact with them.

Funny how you didn't think my original info was actually confirmed. You guys REALLY think I'm going to BS about that? :( I think a record company's info is as credible as it gets without actually talking to the band or tour manager itself. BG is definitely still stuck in Seattle. I'm totally bummed, but shit happens unfortunately. I'm really crossing my fingers that SX can maybe play, regardless of contract BS, but it just doesn't sound like they can do it. If anything, I am crossing my fingers I can hijack them over to the radio station if anything. Some promotion is better than none, right? Besides, if they really do a headlining tour soon, it would give them even more exposure for when they play here next time! :)

Man oh man... I've never read or heard about so many shows being cancelled on a tour as is the case with this one. Looks like things aren't going too well, for either band. Though I haven't got the possibility to go see any of the shows myself, I've to say it saddens me to see this tour going so wrong. I at least hope both bands are still having a good time on the road together.

Excuse me but I am pissed, I believed you but I wanted a confirmation. You never can tell what can happen with something like this.

Bear

I know you're pissed, so am I, to say the least. But wouldn't you think a record company is good enough confirmation, especially since they had to cancel interviews, promos, etc? I would hate to be the staff at the Pound tomorrow. I may even go down there just to help them out. They said they're going to need it. Imagine, 600 very pissed off fans who probably didn't know anything about the cancellations. I hope it isn't a riot in the making! Eeeek. I would also hate to be the San Diego club's staff, considering that show probably won't be on either. That would be so sad.

I can't believe this shit. It's on Blabbermouth too. BTW, I absolutely believed you, Alina. I just didn't want to use your name in case it might get you in trouble.

-Mark

BLIND GUARDIAN's Tour Bus Breaks Down, San Francisco Gig Cancelled - Dec. 12, 2002

BLIND GUARDIAN have announced the cancellation of their planned concert at the Pound in San Francisco, California on Friday, Dec. 13.

"On the morning of Dec. 11, BLIND GUARDIAN had their rented bus break down 90 miles outside of Seattle," a source close to the band told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. "The bus had a malfunction with one of the airbags on the suspension of the bus. The band was able to hire a local truck to take the trailer with the gear and half the crew to Seattle to make the show happen at Graceland. The rest of the band and crew then followed in rental transportation to make the performance. The coach company had told the band that the part required would be [in Seattle] on Dec. 12 in the morning via overnight carrier and they would be on their way. The part has not arrived and the bus is still broke down and the band separated from the coach is in Seattle hotel.

"It is now late in the day on Dec. 12 and again the band has been told the part will be here in the morning of Dec. 13 and repair and departure to follow thereafter. All avenues to find alternate transportation for band, crew, trailer and gear have been exhausted. They have no recourse but to wait for repair of coach.

"The date in San Francisco at The Pound is cancelled there will be no performance by any of the tour participants. The band and all involved with the tour wish to express their regret in the missed date as no one wants to perform for the fans in San Francisco more then the band themselves."

Here we go then. Dustin and Sheri are still coming in from Utah and we are still partying at Gordon Beirsches tomorrow anyone that wants to come down and cuss out buses and what not then please do. That goes for Sym X if they are still around \m./ I look forward to the next time Sym X plays I will be there!!!

Bear

Well, sorry to jab the knife in a little deeper, but I was at the Seattle show last night...SyX killed...they were great. Then after the show while Blind Guardian was playing I went out to SyX's bus and talked with all the guys...they're the most righteous dudes alive. They're all very...well...normal! I got autographs and pictures. It was the $#!t. There were maybe ten other guys out there and we all just B/S'ed...I'm still floating.

I'm sorry that other shows have been cancelled, especially since most of it is because of Blind Guardian, but I'm just glad they played in Seattle and rocked the Blind Guardian crowd. Maybe they'll have a few more fans than before...

SHE SAAAAAAIAIAIAIAIIIIIAIAIAIIIIIIIDDDDD!!! cough::cough...one more time
SHE SAAAAAAIAAIAIIIAAIIAIIAIAAIIAIAIAIDDDD!!!
cough::cough...Don't you want to hear what she said?
SHE SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDD!!!!!!

Wow, this is really bogus. I feel bad for so many people that have missed them. I was fortunate to see them twice (Detroit and Cleveland) and I really feel sorry for those who have been in the cities where the canceled shows has occurred. Hopefully they'll come back soon guys!

This tour has been nothing but a cluster F**K,I really think alot less of CM after this crap...having met SX personally i can verify how cool they really are...and i have no doubt feel badly about this shyte sandwich....

I'm just sitting here in frustration....waiting to hear of cancellation of the San Diego gig. I have never seen SymX. Been waiting YEARS and this shit happens.

*SIGH*