I poop on the 10th anniversary promotion

acidbasement

catalyst of entropy
Aug 11, 2006
Dragon Valhalla
ProgPower X may be the 10th installment of the fest, but it's not the 10th anniversary show as the main PPUSA page states. The first one was in Feb. 2001, about 8.5 years before the 10th one. You could stretch the truth a bit and call it the 9th anniversary, but the 10th? Just call it the 10th Progpower and be done with it.

Congrats in advance on 10 great shows in 8.5 years :headbang: If I lived closer I'd try to attend more often.

ProgPower X may be the 10th installment of the fest, but it's not the 10th anniversary show. The first one was in Feb. 2001, about 8.5 years before the 10th one. You could stretch the truth a bit and call it the 9th anniversary, but the 10th? Just call it the 10th Progpower and be done with it.

While what you say is technically true, it also makes you a nerd. :)

Not to mention that 2008 - 2001 does not = 8.5 ..

Fall of 2009, minus Spring of 2001, equals about 8.5 years. :)

I don't normally fall into the trap of replying to trolls, but this just pisses me off beyond words. Whether you like it or not, the anniversary is valid. And it IS called the "10th ProgPower" ... ProgPowerUSA X. It is not an anniversary to celebrate a number of years, because you're right it hasn't been 10 years. Do you think the promoter is stupid? Well, of course you don't. That would be so ridiculous. The anniversary celebration is completely legitimate because it honors the 10th festival in a row. It doesn't how many years have gone by in between. If the event was held 5 times a year, you can't expect the 10th to go unmarked just because it's only been 2 years. The relevancy of the ratio to years vs number of events is utterly-- I don't have a word for it. Oh, but way to validate it by adding a quaint little compliment at the end.

Go insult someone else's hard work, plz. kthnxbai.

I don't normally fall into the trap of replying to trolls, but this just pisses me off beyond words.

My intention was not to anger anyone, but sometimes it seems inevitable on the internet. Call me a troll if you want, but I think you're taking something a wee bit too personally. In fact, you are behaving more like a troll than I am.

And it IS called the "10th ProgPower" ... ProgPowerUSA X.

Yes, but there are a number of references to the 10th anniversary on the main PPUSA site.

Do you think the promoter is stupid? Well, of course you don't. That would be so ridiculous.

Correct. I have no reason to believe the promoter is stupid, but since I've never met him I can only judge him by the quality of his festivals, which is quite high.

The anniversary celebration is completely legitimate because it honors the 10th festival in a row. It doesn't how many years have gone by in between.

Definition of anniversary from Merriam-Webster:
"1: the annual recurrence of a date marking a notable event ; broadly : a date that follows such an event by a specified period of time measured in units other than years <the 6-month anniversary of the accident>"

It specifies a period of time, not a number of events. The first anniversary of a wedding happens one year after the wedding. The logic being applied here is that the second anniversary happens at the one-year mark.

Oh, but way to validate it by adding a quaint little compliment at the end.

I don't need your validation. I was trying to show that I appreciate the festival, because I figured someone (ahem) might take offense to my post otherwise. Oh well, I tried.

Go insult someone else's hard work, plz. kthnxbai.

What hard work? Are you referring to the arithmetic exercise we are discussing, or are other issues creeping into your reasoning? :lol: Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I'll get back into lurk-mode soon enough, and then you won't have to overreact to my posts.

Have yerself a good night.

What hard work? Are you referring to the arithmetic exercise we are discussing, or are other issues creeping into your reasoning? :lol: Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I'll get back into lurk-mode soon enough, and then you won't have to overreact to my posts.

Have yerself a good night.
Um - Mr (or Miss??) Center of the universe.. the hard work referred to is Glenns Sweat, Tears, Blood, and Balls that went into making this fest work.
Get over yourself

Yes, but there are a number of references to the 10th anniversary on the main PPUSA site.

Definition of anniversary from Merriam-Webster:
"1: the annual recurrence of a date marking a notable event ; broadly : a date that follows such an event by a specified period of time measured in units other than years <the 6-month anniversary of the accident>"

It specifies a period of time, not a number of events. The first anniversary of a wedding happens one year after the wedding. The logic being applied here is that the second anniversary happens at the one-year mark.

Wait.
You were serious?! :zombie: I thought this was a joke-thread posted for a few laughs. Seriously, dude, who gives a rat's ass? 10th anniversary/10th installment, whatever. :rolleyes: