Iced Earth's Framing Armageddon

Big fan of the disc so far.

By the way, does anyone know where I can find a desktop version of the cover art? I've been looking and can only find smaller versions of the artwork.

Big fan of the disc so far.

By the way, does anyone know where I can find a desktop version of the cover art? I've been looking and can only find smaller versions of the artwork.

Have you checked the Iced Earth web site? I downloaded a huge sepia-toned Set, a menacing bloke if I've ever seen one, that's now my desktop background image.

I didn't see the cover image on the official IE site, but there are other cool desktop images there to download.

Didn't your copy of the disc come with CD jacket including artwork and full lyrics to help set-up and tell the story? ;)

From the SPV website:

...I hope that the fans will really sit down and read the lyrics and look at the artwork while they’re listening to it, but that’s not always the reality.

...“It’s extremely difficult to sum up the story in a few words.” says Jon. “I can talk about it and go into detail about it for hours.”

http://www.spv.de/scripts/artistlight_e.asp?Eingabe=iced earth

Yeah, I was wondering about that. My copy of Framing Armageddon contains a big-ass booklet with full lyrics, killer artwork, and lots of Thank Yous. I didn't know there were other versions of the CD out there...unless people downloaded it and only have the digital version.

Didn't your copy of the disc come with CD jacket including artwork and full lyrics to help set-up and tell the story?

PurpleCrayonWriter said:
Yeah, I was wondering about that.

I'm currently re-evaluating my ealier claims that I would not be purchasing this disc. It just might wind up back on "the buy" list. It might become a Prog Power purchase after all.

There's your answer guys. Let's leave the "downloading is wrong" debate out of this if possible. It'll just derail the thread like it has countless others.

Thanks,

Jason

There's your answer guys. Let's leave the "downloading is wrong" debate out of this if possible. It'll just derail the thread like it has countless others.

Thanks,

Jason
Thanks Jason, I was going to respond, but I'll just leave it alone. I'm pretty sure The Fiddler wasn't trying to start any debates with his post.

Britt

Thanks,

Jason

I wasn't implying a bootleg download. I referred to iTunes or some other legit site from which a digital download could be purchased. This Forum isn't against all digital (legit) downloads, is it? If so, I'm sorry I brought it up.

The point of my reply wasn't to derail anything. I'm still squarely (and solely) talking about Ice Earth's amazing new release, which I think deserves a place in every metal fan's collection.

I wasn't implying a bootleg download. I referred to iTunes or some other legit site from which a digital download could be purchased. This Forum isn't against all digital (legit) downloads, is it? If so, I'm sorry I brought it up.

That's cool - I was just trying to pass on the info from Britt that was already available. Actually, based a prior thread it appears about 90% of the forum is ok with downloading provided you buy what you like, which is the main argument for the usefulness of it (along with a million other arguments for and against it of course).

PurpleCrayonWriter said:
The point of my reply wasn't to derail anything. I'm still squarely (and solely) talking about Ice Earth's amazing new release, which I think deserves a place in every metal fan's collection.

Sorry for the misunderstanding - what I meant was that without intending to, the topic itself would derail the thread just because it always stirs up emotional responses on both sides of the argument. It's unintentionally happened to a ton of threads I've seen.

Hey, agreed on the new IE - it continues to grow on me with every listen. :kickass:

Jason

Sure thing - and I certainly don't think The Fiddler was either, I just wanted to clarify things before any more folks chimed in and the potential for a download debate escalated.

Jason
No doubt, it was probably going to head that direction if you didn't say anything to squash it.

Thanks ... now the thread get back on track.

Britt

“It’s extremely difficult to sum up the story in a few words.” says Jon. “I can talk about it and go into detail about it for hours.”
OK, here's an idea...someone needs to make a Something Wicked website that delves into the entire mythology in great detail...have Jon work with the person to initially set it up, and then there should be a forum where Jon pops in once in a while to discuss/answer things. It could also be used to promote any SW related ventures that arise (graphic novel/comic book, etc.) :kickass:

does anyone know where I can find a desktop version of the cover art? I've been looking and can only find smaller versions of the artwork.
These are courtesy of www.icedearth.com.br (the official Brazilian IE site, thanks to Johnny Z)...

Framing Armageddon high-res cover

Overture Of The Wicked high-res cover

OK, here's an idea...someone needs to make a Something Wicked website that delves into the entire mythology in great detail...have Jon work with the person to initially set it up, and then there should be a forum where Jon pops in once in a while to discuss/answer things. It could also be used to promote any SW related ventures that arise (graphic novel/comic book, etc.) :kickass:

These are courtesy of www.icedearth.com.br (the official Brazilian IE site, thanks to Johnny Z)...

Framing Armageddon high-res cover

Overture Of The Wicked high-res cover

Not a bad idea for the web site, although I don't think Jon and SPV would go for a site that mimics something officially IE without IE actually doing it.

The links to the Rapidshare downloads don't work for me. The links work fine. I can connect to RS and I can get the files, but the files -- at least for me -- won't open. My Mac tells me they're corrupted, that they're not a recognized format.

I can see the pictures of the album covers on screen, and they're really cool. But I can't save what I see as anything my computer will open. Apparently, the files at the source are corrupted.

Anyone else have this problem? Or is it just me?

NOTE: I just visited the Brazilian web site and grabbed the images from there. It takes a while to find them (it's in Portuguese), but they work once they're found. Check the downloads page.

Sure thing - and I certainly don't think The Fiddler was either

Jason

Yes, you are correct. Britt's a cool guy and I was just giving him a kind ribbing signified by the "wink" icon after that sentence. Maybe I should have used three "winks" ;) ;) ;) instead of one ;) to get my point across better for those with the bad eyesight or ADD. :erk:

OK, here's an idea...someone needs to make a Something Wicked website that delves into the entire mythology in great detail...have Jon work with the person to initially set it up, and then there should be a forum where Jon pops in once in a while to discuss/answer things. It could also be used to promote any SW related ventures that arise (graphic novel/comic book, etc.)

A comic book, novel or pehraphs even a movie aren't going to sell well or build suspense if Jon spills every detail about the storyline in the the two disc set. Besides, the story covers 12,000 years, and covering everything other than the core points of the storyline would be impossible with two CDs. Jon has told me that trying to condense so much of the storyline down into roughly 140 minutes of music was probably the toughest challenge of the entire writing process. He wrote what he could with the time restrictions imposed by the CD. Therefore, there is A LOT of the story - actually the majority of it - still in his head, and he isn't talking. Believe me, I've tried to nail down certain details and facts with him. It's like asking him to volunteer for a root canal or a spinal tap. In his words, "It's not going to happen."

Think of the Framing Armageddon two disc set to be a springboard for the Set Abominae storyline to expand and grow into other media formats, and potentially even a franchise in the future. Jon's not going to spill the beans on every detail the fans want to know. To keep you guessing is to keep you interested. How likely are you to buy a novel or see a movie if you know exactly how every detail unfolds before you even buy the book or movie ticket? :erk: It would be very anticlimatic for everything to be easily revealed and understood on just two CDs when Jon wants to expand and continue his story beyond just an audio format.

I see your point...I guess I didn't realize just how much further Jon was planning on taking this concept. Has he hinted at possibly continuing the story musically beyond these two albums? It will be interesting to see how Part II "concludes"...if it does at all. Maybe the storyline will stretch from current times into the future :D

A comic book, novel or pehraphs even a movie aren't going to sell well or build suspense if Jon spills every detail about the storyline in the the two disc set. ...How likely are you to buy a novel or see a movie if you know exactly how every detail unfolds before you even buy the book or movie ticket? :erk: It would be very anticlimatic for everything to be easily revealed and understood on just two CDs when Jon wants to expand and continue his story beyond just an audio format.

You've mentioned a novel or a movie twice in your reply.

I wonder if that's any kind of clue as to what Jon has in mind after part two is released next year.

A movie about Set? Hmmmm.

A novel -- or a series of fantasy/sci-fi novels? Hmmmm.

Could be quite cool, indeed.

Bill

Just got great news from SPV regarding Framing Armageddon's debut chart position on the Billboard Top 200!

USA - #78 Billboard Top 200 Albums and #9 Billboard Indie Charts. :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Also, Framing Armageddon was the #1 most added on the FMQB and CMJ charts this week (College Radio in the States):

FMQB - #1 Most Added
CMJ Media - #1 Most Added

THANKS TO EVERYONE who has supported the band over the years, and again this year!

Todd (webmaster, www.icedearth.com)