ICONOCLAST SALES

Well, many people like cherishing their secret favourite band when it's still underground novelty, but once it becomes more known, the same people turn their backs accusing it of having 'sold out' (an accusation already made against Symphony X in this forum).
In the case of Symphony X, I want them to be known by a much wider audience because in the end it signifies they will have more money to spend on bigger and better productions, live DVDs, etc...
How about a DVD with an orchestra and choir ?

So far, better production hasn't come of it. Though you're right that more money has the potential to buy better production.

In order for SX to go further, it would certainly help to play larger, um, "nicer" venues. I've seen them every time they've come to the southeastern US and it's always been a hot, dirty venue with no seating and bathrooms you would never let your children use. I'd be willing to bet some folks won't come to see them because they are familiar with the ratty venues. A side note here; so hot at Tremont Music Hall in May, paramedics had to come get a lady who couldn't stand the overwhelming heat. How can a rocking band like SX do a show in those conditions? I guess they are used to it, but they were all soaked with sweat in five minutes. Horrible. THAT will help, better venues.

Couldn't agree more. I've seen them at both Tremont Music Hall in Charlotte and at Masquerade in Atlanta and both of those venues must be the nastiest places I've ever been too. I'm a Charlotte resident and Tremont definitely has a reputation of catering to high school bands and other general local rubbish. They would do much better to get themselves into either Amos' Southend or the Filmore.

They should definitely do more festivals though.. That is how I've found plenty bands that I now love. They were in Sweden Rock a couple of years back and maybe they might consider Wacken next year (especially since I'm going there again:p)? Since they are not that proggy anymore, they would fit right in. 150 000 people this year...nothing shabby about that. Sweden Rock next year would be good too, for me hehe:p But I'll definitely see them again in London this year! Provided the disturbances subside.

They should definitely do more festivals though.. That is how I've found plenty bands that I now love. They were in Sweden Rock a couple of years back and maybe they might consider Wacken next year (especially since I'm going there again:p)? Since they are not that proggy anymore, they would fit right in. 150 000 people this year...nothing shabby about that. Sweden Rock next year would be good too, for me hehe:p But I'll definitely see them again in London this year! Provided the disturbances subside.

Wacken, that's the place where they should record a DVD!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Speaking about wacken ,on youtube you can see many entire gigs.The best for
me is Avantasia,then Blind Guardian ,Airborne and Rhapsody of fire (hail Italy !!!)
but I think this year the greatest metal band live was Judas Priest,the real
Gods of metal. I've got no words to describe this incredible band , look at them
playing "Blood red skies" or pushing harder in "Painkiller".After Dio's death,is Halford the best metal singer

I heard 70-80 000 last year, and over 100 000 this year. This is not counting volunteers, bands and the people working for them, all the press and VIPs. All of these people can also end up finding new bands to like;) In any case, 80 000 is a no small number.

I thought Mayhem to be the biggest disappointment this year. They didn't even dress up:( After them, Blind Guardian. First time I saw them live and now I know that I don't have to do that again. Ozzy was surprisingly perky and Airbourne and Avantasia put up the best shows, IMO. Loved the beer can crushing. Sepultura surprised me as well, as it is generally the type of metal I don't listen to, but they were really good live, and the new singer was great. Bullet, Ghost and Crach diet were also favourites this year. Ghost band introduction was the best I'd ever seen :lol: