Some interesting album sales numbers...

Re-read my post, the word tasteless was never used. I simply said their music was average at best. My use of the word average does not imply that they are average from a technical chops standpoint. Just because a band has chops and can write complex song structures doesn't mean their music is anything special. I love great technical music and incredible chops, but IMO Dragonforce writes average, boring, and uninspiring music. I do respect them as musicians and excellent players BTW, but I just don't care for their music. This is of course my opinion, so if you enjoy them then more power to you. Join the other 5,600 people who own the new album.

Re-read my post, the word tasteless was never used. I simply said their music was average at best. My use of the word average does not imply that they are average from a technical chops standpoint. Just because a band has chops and can write complex song structures doesn't mean their music is anything special. I love great technical music and incredible chops, but IMO Dragonforce writes average, boring, and uninspiring music. I do respect them as musicians and excellent players BTW, but I just don't care for their music. This is of course my opinion, so if you enjoy them then more power to you. Join the other 5,600 people who own the new album.

I didn't mean to imply you found them tasteless. I used that word because it's a common criticism I hear used against them. I was just sticking up for them in general on this thread, guess I could've not quoted your post because I wasn't singling you out or anything.

My point was I think their music is above average from a technical playing and songwriting point of view. As far as being inspired/special/interesting, that's totally a judgement call. You can't really objectify how special or interesting something is.

If you listen to ZP's new project, you'll noticed that DF's new singer is the best thing that has ever happened to the band. ZP sounds like ass on I Am I imo..

Totally agree, DF's new singer to me is better than ZP, the new video of "Cry Thunder" i really like. Maybe the low sales numbers are because, it seems everyone in the band kinda got a haircut, hehehehehe. I think the new album shows a little more versatility with more hvocal harmonies from all the band members instead of just ZP, just my opinion, and yes i bought the album.