If you were a gig junkie...

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
you could do some serious damage to your health and wealth over the next 7 days.

All these gigs in the next few days.

22 March - Sym X / Power Quest - Going
25 March - Sonata Arctica with Labyrinth, 4th Dimension and Triosphere - very possibly going but ticket not yet in hand.
26 March - Devin Townsend / Aeon Zen - not going at the mo - no ticket and they are like gold dust
29 March - TSO - not going. Too much for my pocket.

and there's a whole heap more to follow as well for the metal gig goer in London.

you could do some serious damage to your health and wealth over the next 7 days.

All these gigs in the next few days.

22 March - Sym X / Power Quest - Going
25 March - Sonata Arctica with Labyrinth, 4th Dimension and Triosphere - very possibly going but ticket not yet in hand.
26 March - Devin Townsend / Aeon Zen - not going at the mo - no ticket and they are like gold dust
29 March - TSO - not going. Too much for my pocket.

and there's a whole heap more to follow as well for the metal gig goer in London.
Are you going to the Blackfield show on the 8th of April at Shepherd's Bush Empire? I'll be over with my girlfriend and might be fun to have a pint or two before the show with a fellow progpower-minded guy. We're staying total of 4 nights at a hotel almost next to the the venue (K West Hotel & Spa).

Check out this weekend in the Chicago area. Probably not as big of names, but a higher density:

26 March:
Dawnbringer
Godspeed You! Black Emperor

27 March:
Agalloch / Worm Ouroborus
Volbeat / The Damned Things
Helmet / Saint Vitus / Crowbar / Kylesa

28 March:
Fair to Midland / Scale the Summit / Periphery

And the 27th, the night with 3+ metal gigs, is a Sunday!

Ok, so GY!BE isn't quite a metal band, but I include them because I wanted to see them, and look at all the conflicts I had to deal with! I'm out of town on the 26th, so no chance there, and that show sold out almost immediately anyway. So I bought a ticket for the 27th. Then, Agalloch announced a show on the same night. Fuck! Well, I'd seen both bands before, but I like Agalloch more, so I guess I'll buy an Agalloch ticket and eat the cost for GY!BE. Then GY!BE announced a THIRD show on the 28th, so I bought a ticket for that. Which I think was before the FtM/StS show was announced, though I probably would have stuck with GY!BE anyway.

For the delight of Diasonic, you probably don't know who Godspeed You! Black Emperor is, but I last saw them in 2003, for $14 to see them playing for a crowd of maybe a few hundred at the Abbey Pub. They basically broke up after that, have done nothing for 8 years. Then they announce a return, and sell out three shows for a total of more than 3000 tickets (2x Metro + 1x Vic). I have no idea how the hell that happened, but that's totally what Blackguard needs to do!!!1!

For further delight, here's the full lineup for the Metalliance tour (which is actually playing somewhere in Joliet):

Helmet, Saint Vitus, Crowbar, Kylesa, Red Fang, Howl, Atlas Moth, Blackbeard, The Burning Down

I guess I could drive to Joliet, catch a few bands, head into the city for Agalloch, and then go back out and catch Saint Vitus and Helmet!

Neil