• ProgPower VI.

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • A tie, or too close to call.

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters

mtlheart

Dr. Stein's Creature
May 27, 2004
To my thinking this year's line-up is great, and I'm pumped for it. However, ProgPower III was pretty much an All-Star festival, and I'll forever kick myself for missing it.
How do you guys think the line-ups compare?

On name-recognition alone, I'd go with III. However, I am hoping to be surprised by the acts on VI. I'll answer after September 16-17 ;)

This year has a lot of talent, and it should wind up being an incredible show. However, III's lineup was just a parade of huge bands making their first USA appearance. Heck, before that I never would have traveled from Philly to Atlanta for "just a concert." That lineup was enough to make me take notice and show up. I loved PP so much that I bought a gold badge and I've been back ever since!

Steve in Philly

There ain't no comparition at all!!!!

Progpower 3 was the best and it would be very hard to have another one like that one. I actually think that this years line up is the less atractive (for me) of all progpowers, don't know why but I almost felt insulted by the poll :D

ProgPower III!!! Seeing Blind Guardian, Angra and Gamma Ray for the first time was simply amazing! I thought PPIV was "deeper", in the sense that there were more bands out of the 10 that I liked, but most big names I had seen already (SyX and Evergrey had played PP before).
Still, PPVI, just like all PPs, looks very good and I am sure you guys will enjoy it as always... I wish I could go!

III was my favorite and it was also my first one! Last year was good too though but in its own special way. I'm sure everyone has fond memories of each and every fest they've been too whether they "liked" the bands or not.

PPUSA 3.0 for a couple of reasons. The big ass party we had at room 333 \m

And I wasnt at PPUSA 4.0 so how could it have been good at all :loco:

Bear

YtseJammer said:
Blind Guardian
Gamma Ray
Angra
Pain of Salvation
Edguy
Threshold
Silent Force

...are you kidding me?

That says it all. Seeing as how you have arguably the most famous/popular powermetal band of today - not to mention one of my favorites (Blind Guardian) along with the band of the father of powermetal (Gamma Ray) you can't really go wrong (not to mention Edguy, Angra, PoS, and SF).

Although PPIV had my other two favorite bands (Symphony X and Rage) overall PP3 is just a downright legendary lineup.

Bear said:
PPUSA 3.0 for a couple of reasons. The big ass party we had at room 333 \m

:heh:

Remember Jon Schaffer? :loco:

By the way, I voted for PP III. True, the line up is legendary but I also have fond memories of the event. PPIII wasn't just about the music IMO. There was a magic vibe that weekend between fans and bands.

It's a little unfair to make the comparison yet when VI hasn't happened yet, but sure, on line up alone, I have to go with PP III.....but it's close. Very close.

Put it this way, I would swap Zero Hour, Reading Zero, Silent Force, Threshold, Pain of Salvation, and Devin Townsend for one Orphaned Land. Easy.

I would have to vote to 6... Orphaned Land, Angra, Conception, Manticora and Stratovarius does it for me,.... even though 3 was legendary.. POS and BG, with Angra and Edguy...

Sorry to Kai fans but Gamma Ray doesn't do anything to me... It's just plain boring, way too generic....