In Your Opinion Who Is The Best Electric Guitarist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
er....Randy Rhoads anyone?

Alex Skolnick deserves a mention too. Practice What You Preach should be in every guitar players CD collection.

Otherwise Adrian Smith and Dave Murray for their dual melodies etc. In Flames and Nocturnal Rites pretty much carry that torch now.

Maiden guitar playing changed everything, which is particularly ironic since Janick Gers could be the worst guitar player in history.

Originally posted by rushzil2112
A lot of good guitarist have been mentioned, but nobody has mentioned probably the best technical player, and can play with emotion, and can do anything he wants and is a freaking legend, PAUL GILBERT. Paul Gilbert has to be the best guitarist.........

You beat me to the board rushzil. Paul "I Understand Completely" Gilbert is amongst the few that I deem a MASTER of their art. To the dislike of many here, my tiny list includes Malmsteen & Van Halen ONLY because ALL the others are on the PAGE that THEY WROTE. Satriani, Bettencourt, Townsend and a handfull of others complete my list. Of course the amount of time I listen to these particular musicians is maybe a fifth of the amount of time I listen to the KICK ASS group of guitarists that linger right beneath them. As previously stated: These guys are making music for THEMSELVES. But to hear them as they push themselves to the next level is UNFORGETTABLE.

I like very much the style of Chris Poland former Megadeth guitarist hi solo album is great. Also Marty Friedman is an awesome guitar player very emotional.

Clapton- for turning it up full and playing what he damn well wanted too
Hendrix- for something completely different
Freddie King , Robert Johnson , Albert King , Muddy Waters , Buddy Guy- for influencing guys like Clapton , Hendrix , Stevie Ray Vaughan , Jimmy Page , Eddie Van Halen , Satriani.
Zappa/Vai
Chuck-(R.I.P) Virtuoso
Julian Bream
John Williams
Trey Azagoth
James Murphy
Andy La Roque
Randy Rhodes
........................The list goes on

Fripp
Belew
Zappa (Francis and Dweezil)
Ekhlund
Thal
Hackett
Lifeson
Roesser
Plotkin
Azagthoth
Bettencourt
May
the guys in Wishbone Ash
Blackmoore
whatshisname in Tull
(grudgingly) Iommi
Devin
Reinhardt
Vai
Eric Johnson
SRV
Chuck
Mattheos
Mike Graff (underrated genius)
a few others

CRISS OLIVA HE CONTINUE EDDIE VAN HALEN AND RANDHY ROADS LEGACY

Attachments

• criss&pets.jpg
    criss&pets.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 7
Eddie Van Halen , Satriani.
Zappa/Vai
Chuck-(R.I.P) Virtuoso
Julian Bream
John Williams
Randy Rhodes
........................The list goes on

Good taste my man, you should come back and post more.

I'll add Yngwie and Michael Romeo. oh and Joe Pass.

No list of guitarists is complete without Andres Segovia. The guitar would not be the same without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.