insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucretia96

Mar 17, 2004
Sonata Arctica in the top spot while one of the most amazing bands ever, Virgin Steele is in 4th slot? This is disgusting and insulting.

It's called the reality of the business instead of personal preference. If I booked by personal preference, then it would be insanity as this festival would be an abysmal failure.

Sonata can tour the States as a headliner and draw large crowds while Virgin Steele have a hard time drawing 100 to a small pub in their hometown. I'm a bigger VS fan than I am Sonata, but I'm also grounded in reality.

you sure do them a big favor by putting them 4th out of 5, could have at least put them 2nd or 3rd. And I don't believe Sonata Arctica are that popular to get a top spot.

You can make that complaint at nearly every festival. But you aren't putting your money on the table, other than in a ticket. And hell, if Virgin Steele puts up the show that many of us are expecting, there's a fairly decent chance they might get a headlining slot the following year at the Showcase. So if you really love them, go to ProgPower give them your best and see what happens.

I'm thankful in general that they will be at this show and that I got a chance to sponsor them. I think that it will elevate their draw in the US.

and by the way, Virgin Steele are from Long Island the towns there are tiny, so obviously the don't get many people in their home town because people from NYC area don't even know about their show or can't get their because they have to drive a long way and look for the venue.

If Virgin Steele performed in NYC they would get a bigger crowd than Sonata Arctica who I am sure don't draw a very large crowd.

You can make that complaint at nearly every festival. But you aren't putting your money on the table, other than in a ticket. And hell, if Virgin Steele puts up the show that many of us are expecting, there's a fairly decent chance they might get a headlining slot the following year at the Showcase. So if you really love them, go to ProgPower give them your best and see what happens.

I'm thankful in general that they will be at this show and that I got a chance to sponsor them. I think that it will elevate their draw in the US.

no thanks, I saw them in a bar in Long Island few years back for $10 and they played over 2 hours, not going to waste a $1000 to see them play 1 hour.

It's obviously based on your opinion if you don't believe Sonata is popular enough to be a headliner. It wouldn't be worth their time to play anything but the headlining gig as they can already have near sell outs w/o any opener support in the major metal markets in the US. Toss in a good opener and their new album release, and I suspect they will sellout a few places the next go round. As I've already said in another thread, SA even has a big draw outside of the metal community.
I know I'll be sticking around until SA finishes their set on Friday. I've decided I'm going to listen to 2 or 3 songs of Virgin Steele's set before I head to get food or stay the entire time. The music I have heard thus far has done nothing for me but I will at least give them a chance.

If Virgin Steele performed in NYC they would get a bigger crowd than Sonata Arctica who I am sure don't draw a very large crowd.

You can be sure, but you can also be wrong. Sonata draws just fine. Also, using an NYC turnout as a barometer for a band's drawing power might not always be indicative of how well they may draw elsewhere.

no thanks, I saw them in a bar in Long Island few years back for $10 and they played over 2 hours, not going to waste a $1000 to see them play 1 hour.

Your obviously coming here to start shit, get over it. They are where they are and are lucky to be playing at PPUSA.

Oh and I tired to listen to VS once....once was enough, my opinion. Maybe their live show will change my mind.

Bear

Your obviously coming here to start shit, get over it. They are where they are and are lucky to be playing at PPUSA.

Oh and I tired to listen to VS once....once was enough, my opinion. Maybe their live show will change my mind.

Bear

yeah, just stick to Freak Kitchen and speak when spoken to :puke: . Virgin Steele gets no respect.

Dude, you can't honestly think that Virgin Steele would draw a larger crowd anywhere over Sonata Arctica.

Oh yeah, since you know what I look like from my pic posing with Jeff Plate, look me up at the festival and then smart off to me. It's easy to be a prick behind a screen name isn't it? :lol:

And I don't believe Sonata Arctica are that popular to get a top spot.

They are. I've got a feeling that their headlining status is almost entirely due to their inexplicable popularity in the US over other very similar bands. The fact of the matter is, Sonata headlining will sell, Virgin Steele headlining won't.

yeah, just stick to Freak Kitchen and speak when spoken to :puke: . Virgin Steele gets no respect.

LOL You should change your name to Pun Master....Freak Kitchen is awesome, you like what you like, I like the good stuff, I know its hard to have great taste in music like myself, but thanks for trying, try again...

Status
Not open for further replies.