insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. I think troll-feeding is a guilty pleasure for some!:loco:

Fo Sho!!!!I love my little Trolls!!!!

trolls.jpg

lucretia: While I understand your complaint, and also share your disappointment at VS getting a #4 spot and SA headlining the festival, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by being so vocal about it here. You've stated your point and are vehemently arguing it to death.

The unfortunate truth of the matter is that Virgin Steele really can't draw the national crowds that Sonata Arctica has. Sonata Arctica has done an extensive US tour, whereas I don't think Virgin Steele has been anywhere near the West Coast in the past 7 years (because I would've gone ANYWHERE to see them live!). The crowds at the 3 California Sonata Arctica shows I saw were easily 600+ in number.

Glenn does have to worry about making the festival sell, because if it crashes and burns he's looking at THOUSANDS of dollars down the drain. He's stated that he's a bigger fan of Virgin Steele than Sonata Arctica, so I believe we're all in the same boat. The difference is that Glenn has his head (at least somewhat ;)) grounded in reality, and knows that putting VS as a headliner, while it may be absolutely awesome, would be festival suicide.

So cheer up, come enjoy the show, or stay home brooding about how unfair life is. :)

my point is it would sell the same if Virgin Steele got 3rd or 2nd spots, 4th is an insult to a band that is over 20 years old.

Yep...this thread really shouldn't have gone past Glenn's reply. In a utopian world, maybe Virgin Steele would be playing a slot either above, or right alongside, Sonata Arctica. But on earth in 2006, it just isn't that way, and if we want Virgin Steele to get more recognition, the best way is to have a band like Sonata Arctica headlining to draw a lot of people to the show who will thus be there to see VS play. For the ProgPowers, usually by the time the second band is playing, everyone has arrived; they for sure won't be playing to an empty house.

Status
Not open for further replies.