Introducing myself...

Testament Legions said:
The Bay Area has been my home for 20 years, tho I'm originally from another place far, far away... a place I'd like to forget.

So... I'm not fakin' :cool:. I've seen Testament as Legacy (at Ruthie's Inn), so I've been here from the beginning of the thrash scene. It was a glorious time. Don't ask me how old I am...
I don't think I even want too. ;)

lol.gif
! You weren't even a 'glint' in your parents' eyes when I saw Legacy!

I kinda agree with Epcia. The Gathering IS awesome for a band that has been around so long, compared to stuff like Re Load and Risk, but even though it is brutal as hell, it's still no Legacy or The New Order. Where are Skolnick's amazing solos and where is that soothing and trippy melody that went along so great with heaviness? The Gathering has some melody, but I don't see anything like Musical Death ( A Dirge) or the Eerie intro.

My point: New Testament: Fucking awesome, possibly better than anything from PWYP up to Demonic, but The Legacy and The New Order still stand as the bands best in my opinion.

Epica said:
my main issue with FSSD is Chuck Billy. I don't know what you guys think, but I think he has become MUCH worse than he was before. .

WTF???
err.gif

Let me tell ya one thing...as an old school Testament fan I have earned the right to say this...

The Mighty Chuck NEVER falters! MUCH worse??? Holy mother of god...now I've heard everything...

MindInsane said:
Oh yea...where are my manners? Welcome to the coolest board on UM! (just don't dis my Chuck and we'll be alright:Smug: )
Thanks, but I'll still stand by my opinion. I mean, if we all had the same opinion about everything, a msg board wouldn't be too much fun, now would it? (like, msg bored :Smug: )

Brent and Epica- Dont forgt that THe Gathering contains the best drum, bass and rhythm work of any Testament album- I think too many metal fans only care about the lead guitar- and personally I think it is overused and overated. I agree THe New Order and Practice are both great works of thrash metal- classics.