INTROMENTAL announces Uniting the Powers of Metal 2011 East Coast Tour

^^Who has said anything negative at all about you, your band, this tour, these venues, or the people booking it? All I was responding to was the claim that DIY touring is pigeonholing a band.

I am there at the Atlanta show. I love going to the Local, it is 15 minutes from my house, they have good food that it cheap, cheap beer, and sports all over the place so in between bands I can go check the scores of my teams and if i don't like a band i can go and watch a few innings of baseball and even play the internet jukebox. I think this is going to be awesome by the way. the only thing the local lacks is a bathroom inside the club area itself other than that the sound is great, there are tables, chairs and even a ladder if you need to sit and relax for a bit. Thanks for hooking this short tour up Hoyt and whoever else is responsible for it.

^^Who has said anything negative at all about you, your band, this tour, these venues, or the people booking it? All I was responding to was the claim that DIY touring is pigeonholing a band.

I claimed that because YOU and Aeonic seem to think there's a difference in how this tour is put together and how certain underground grindcore/punk/whatever/will-always-be-small-and-underground band chooses to do things. There is not.

It;s the labelling of a tour as DIY or not-DIY I take offense to. You really believe that just because there is a booking agency behind that this tour is a money machine?

Let me tell you: HELL FUCKING NO!!!!
This is a we-know-we'll-loose-money-but-its-all-worth-it-for-the-promotion-value tour.

c.

Hey bud! I wasn't referring to this tour, but in general I am a fan of small bands DIYing it and growing a base on their own before approaching an agent. Obviously I am also a member of the "whatever works " club, too so if this works, then hey I ain't complaining. Just a general agreement over the notion of DIY ethics in small bands. But yeah, I was not at all intending to knock any of these bands or this tour. I think it's a great idea actually. DIY is not a perjorative either though, it's actually a very good thing in my book.

I claimed that because YOU and Aeonic seem to think there's a difference in how this tour is put together and how certain underground grindcore/punk/whatever/will-always-be-small-and-underground band chooses to do things. There is not.

It;s the labelling of a tour as DIY or not-DIY I take offense to. You really believe that just because there is a booking agency behind that this tour is a money machine?

Let me tell you: HELL FUCKING NO!!!!
This is a we-know-we'll-loose-money-but-its-all-worth-it-for-the-promotion-value tour.

c.

Nobody said anything like that though...I said that I think small bands should take the DIY route. Not "the 2011 East Coast Uniting the Powers of Metal is not a DIY tour and should be." You're reading too far into things. Nobody labeled anything at all.

I mean, like I said in my post, some examples of bands who are successful at DIY touring include Magrudergrind (Robotic Empire), Wormrot (Earache), Ceremony (just left Bridge 9, highly rumored to sign with Matador), Terror (Century Media), Bonded by Blood (Earache) and many other bands who are signed. Does anyone think those guys don't go through agents?

My post wasn't intended to slag you at all. Sorry if you took it that way.

Hey bud! I wasn't referring to this tour, but in general I am a fan of small bands DIYing it and growing a base on their own before approaching an agent. Obviously I am also a member of the "whatever works " club, too so if this works, then hey I ain't complaining. Just a general agreement over the notion of DIY ethics in small bands. But yeah, I was not at all intending to knock any of these bands or this tour. I think it's a great idea actually. DIY is not a perjorative either though, it's actually a very good thing in my book.

You have no idea how closely we work with these bands to make these tours happen. They do a lot of the work themselves, we just get them a stage.

I'm curious to know what your definition of a DYI tour is.

I feel like you're just gonna come back with "WELL WE DO ALL THAT BLAH BLAH BLAH", but nobody (including myself) has said or implied anything about this particular tour at all. I've been wrong before, though, so my sincerest apologies if I am right now.

Book shows yourself, route the tour yourself, not "too good" to play shitty spots when you have a grand total of 25 fans, etc. There's a huge network of people out there. There's no rulebook and who would turn down help if you have it? But there are plenty of bands who just expect people to do everything for them. Obviously that doesn't apply to this tour.

But there are plenty of bands who just expect people to do everything for them. Obviously that doesn't apply to this tour.

Ah, gotcha. I can definitely tell you none of the North American based Intromental bands have that attitude at all. We've made it very clear that we all play for the same team and need to do our part to make sure everything is successful. We do our part, they do theirs. It's the only way it works.

Ty will tell you I'm a take no prisoners kind of guy when it comes to setting this stuff up from both venues and bands. ;)

YOU ASKED FOR IT, YOU GOT IT!

We are ecstatic to announce an additional date for the United Powers of Metal Tour featuring CREATION'S END, ARTIZAN, WIDOW & SEVEN KINGDOMS this summer! The tour will now kick off at Sullivan Hall in New York City, on Tuesday, August 16. Tickets will be on sale via TicketWeb soon. The final itinerary for the tour is as follows:

Aug 16th - Sullivan Hall (New York, NY)
Aug 17th – Jaxx (Springfield, VA)
Aug 18th – Volume 11 (Raleigh, NC)
Aug 19th – The Local (Marietta, GA)
Aug 20th – The Haven Lounge (Orlando, FL)
Aug 21st – The Local 662 (St. Petersburg, FL)

intromental_tourposter_august2011_web.jpg