Irish thread

I'm about to order both Mourning Beloveth albums. Thanks to MacMoney for pointing the band out for me.

Lunar Gate does a variety of stuff. there's a review of two albums at metalireland.com which is a good read, (and is a better review than i'm prepared to give.)

on the experimental black side, i suppose.

I happened to stumble across the band Abbadon Incarnate when surfing the web looking for mp3s. They kick ass! Too bad their CD isn't available here in the US. I also came accross a band named Corrputed from Ireland as well and they are really good too.

CRUACHAN Complete Work On New Album - Dec. 17, 2003

Irish folk metal band CRUACHAN have completed work on their fourth full-length album, entitled "Pagan".

"Pagan" was recorded and mixed at Radio Na Life Studios in Dublin, Ireland with producer Al Cowen and is the follow-up to last year's "Folk-Lore".

The band recorded a total of 15 songs, of which 13 will end up on the final album and the remaining songs will be used as bonus-material.

Among the tracks set to appear on the CD are "Michael Collins", "The Gael", "The March to Cluain Tairbh", "Viking Slayer" and "1014 A.D."

Commented band spokesperson Keith Fay (vocals, guitars, keyboards): "The songs on our new album are certainly the best that I have written, they vary from gritty, intense pagan metal, such as on the title track 'Pagan' to mellow, atmospheric ballads such as 'The Gael' which continues the story of 'Death of a Gael'. The sound on the album is very raw when compared to 'FolkLore' or 'The Middle Kingdom', some early reviews have likened the feel of the album to that of 'Tuatha na Gael'."

Cover artwork for "Pagan" was created by John Howe, the leading JRR Tolkien illustrator and the conceptual artist from "The Lord of the Rings" movies.

"Pagan" is scheduled for an early March 2004 release on Karmageddon Media. Download a short MP3 preview of the upcoming CD at http://truemetal.org/metalmagick/cruachan/mp_sample/cruachan_pagan_sample.mp3