Iron Maiden - Charlotte (no real **spoilers** in here except at the very bottom)

Can anyone tell me how much t-shirts were selling for? I'm gonna want a couple different ones and it would be helpful if I knew how much to budget. Seeing them in Milwaukee for Summerfest on July 4th. Can't wait!!! Thanks!

Saw some guys selling decent looking knock offs in the parking lot for $10 after the show. I cannot vouch for quality though.

Can anyone tell me how much t-shirts were selling for? I'm gonna want a couple different ones and it would be helpful if I knew how much to budget. Seeing them in Milwaukee for Summerfest on July 4th. Can't wait!!! Thanks!
Don't fall for it. Buy them online.

Can't wait for Saturday!!! I'll be there with the Thunder and I will be buying my shirt at the show! :D SO EXCITED OMAGAWD

If you are talking about buying the shirt now or before the end of the tour, it's not the same.

One new tour shirt at their online shop.

Thirteen different shirts at the show.

Exactly...I had a hard time choosing there were so many.

My son got the tour poster shirt and I got the one w/ the Somewhere Back In Time cover since it covers my 2 favorite albums.

:headbang:

If you are talking about buying the shirt now or before the end of the tour, it's not the same.

One new tour shirt at their online shop.

Thirteen different shirts at the show.

Oh wow. That's a big difference. I was under the impression that Maiden usually gets their tour shirts on their website immediately after the tour legs. Maybe they don't do that anymore?

I just think $40 is an absurd price, but it seems that's the case with bands such as them, Megadeth, etc.

Oh wow. That's a big difference. I was under the impression that Maiden usually gets their tour shirts on their website immediately after the tour legs. Maybe they don't do that anymore?

I just think $40 is an absurd price, but it seems that's the case with bands such as them, Megadeth, etc.

I think I paid $30 for my son's Peace Sells 25th Anniversary shirt last year...

I think I paid $30 for my son's Peace Sells 25th Anniversary shirt last year...

Yeah, I remember seeing them at $35 at this year's Gigantour. Crazy price.

Got the same Volbeat shirt a week later for $10 at the CMDistro website. Score! :p

I will say that Maiden puts out the coolest shirts during their tours though. I love the personalized country-by-country shirts they had a few years ago.

It really just comes down to venue for the most part in terms of T-shirt price. Whenever any artist plays at an arena or ampitheater, it's always a $35 minimum and even a lot of the smallerish venues will have it at that such as theaters opposed to the bands that just play clubs or whatever. I could be wrong, but I believe I heard somewhere that those venues take a much larger portion of the sales, which is probably why the merch is jacked up. Now, Yngwie's an exception. He'll play at the HOB and charge $40 for a shirt.

It really just comes down to venue for the most part in terms of T-shirt price. Whenever any artist plays at an arena or ampitheater, it's always a $35 minimum and even a lot of the smallerish venues will have it at that such as theaters opposed to the bands that just play clubs or whatever. I could be wrong, but I believe I heard somewhere that those venues take a much larger portion of the sales, which is probably why the merch is jacked up. Now, Yngwie's an exception. He'll play at the HOB and charge $40 for a shirt.

Yeap. I know. And Yngwie can go screw himself.

Ok, so real story:

I contacted Yngwie's manager and agent in regards to a couple of things (mainly a tour that he wanted to put together).

A few days go by, no reply. Fair enough. Sometimes people are busy. If they're not interested, I totally understand why they wouldn't respond. Some people simply don't have the time to say "Thanks but no thanks", though it's still the courteous thing to do.

A couple of days later, I noticed that all of a sudden I was receiving every single mailing sent to the people who signed up to Yngwie's E-Newsletter. What the fuck, really? That's what you need to do to get people to see your news updates?

Needless to say, he got another email from me afterwards, but this time, it wasn't about a tour anymore. :lol:

I just scored an unworn shirt from the The Final Frontier tour on ebay for $14. Worked out nicely since there was no way I was shelling out $40 after driving all the way to Chicago for the show.

Thanks for the shirt pricing! I'm hoping there is a special July 4th shirt - I'm sure there will be. Just saw the NYC exclusive shirts on eBay - they were AWESOME!!