Feb 27, 2002
Macon, GA
I'm happy to say my prediction was correct, Iron Maiden doing
very well with A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH; still no Atlanta
tour date though...

IRON MAIDEN MAKES FIRST TOP 10 US CHART DEBUT

"Precision-tooled riffs, hi-def solos and dive-bombing vocals."
Village Voice, September 6th 2006

Charging guitar runs, thrilling hooks, burning solos...
Billboard, September 9th 2006

crackles with the confidence and exuberance of experienced musicians who still love what they do and have produced their most inspired album in twenty years.
Revolver, October, 2006

New York, NY.. With close to 56,000 copies sold last week, Iron Maidens highly anticipated A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH dominates this weeks Billboard charts:

.. 9 Top 200 Albums
.. 1 Top Independent Albums
.. 2 Hard Music
.. 3 Internet

Released last Tuesday on Sanctuary Records, A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH is Iron Maidens fourteenth studio album in their three decade-plus career and the bands first Top 10 US Chart debut.

Iron Maiden kicks off their nearly sold-out A Matter of Life and Death World Tour"
next month in the States. These North American arena dates will be the only dates to support A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH and mark the first time in years Iron Maiden begins a tour in the USA. Accompanying Iron Maiden on the tour (excluding Hartford and Los Angeles) is new UK metal sensation, Bullet for My Valentine.

Tour dates are:
10/4 - New England Dodge Music Center - Hartford, CT
10/6- Agganis Arena - Boston, MA
10/7- Tweeter Center At the Waterfront - Camden, NJ
10/12 - Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum - Uniondale, NY
10/13 - Continental Airlines Arena - East Rutherford, NJ
10/17 - Palace of Auburn Hills - Auburn Hills, MI
10/18 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL
10/21 - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre - Irvine, CA

From what I've heard of the new one, it is a solid release... to me alot better than the last one. Wouldn't mind seeing them in Atlanta. Haven't seen them since like '82, first tour with Dickinson I think, then before that in like '80 with DiAnno.

MysticX9 said:
I'm happy to say my prediction was correct, Iron Maiden doing
very well with A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH; still no Atlanta
tour date though...

IRON MAIDEN MAKES FIRST TOP 10 US CHART DEBUT

"Precision-tooled riffs, hi-def solos and dive-bombing vocals."
Village Voice, September 6th 2006

Charging guitar runs, thrilling hooks, burning solos...
Billboard, September 9th 2006

crackles with the confidence and exuberance of experienced musicians who still love what they do and have produced their most inspired album in twenty years.
Revolver, October, 2006

New York, NY.. With close to 56,000 copies sold last week, Iron Maidens highly anticipated A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH dominates this weeks Billboard charts:

.. 9 Top 200 Albums
.. 1 Top Independent Albums
.. 2 Hard Music
.. 3 Internet

Released last Tuesday on Sanctuary Records, A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH is Iron Maidens fourteenth studio album in their three decade-plus career and the bands first Top 10 US Chart debut.

Iron Maiden kicks off their nearly sold-out A Matter of Life and Death World Tour"
next month in the States. These North American arena dates will be the only dates to support A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH and mark the first time in years Iron Maiden begins a tour in the USA. Accompanying Iron Maiden on the tour (excluding Hartford and Los Angeles) is new UK metal sensation, Bullet for My Valentine.

Tour dates are:
10/4 - New England Dodge Music Center - Hartford, CT
10/6- Agganis Arena - Boston, MA
10/7- Tweeter Center At the Waterfront - Camden, NJ
10/12 - Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum - Uniondale, NY
10/13 - Continental Airlines Arena - East Rutherford, NJ
10/17 - Palace of Auburn Hills - Auburn Hills, MI
10/18 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL
10/21 - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre - Irvine, CA

Exploding Ned said:
From what I've heard of the new one, it is a solid release... to me alot better than the last one. Wouldn't mind seeing them in Atlanta. Haven't seen them since like '82, first tour with Dickinson I think, then before that in like '80 with DiAnno.

Yeah, it ages me but I saw those shows too! :heh: The last one I saw was
the SOMEWHERE IN TIME tour in '86, great concert. Reading over that press
release again it seems to indicate that those tour dates will be it - shame
since they are doing so well commercially...

Yeah I will still have my fingers crossed. So I guess you're probably the only metal head in Macon then right? Last good show I saw there (I'm from W.R.) was I Mother Earth at some small club downtown years back.

MysticX9 said:
Yeah, it ages me but I saw those shows too! :heh: The last one I saw was the SOMEWHERE IN TIME tour in '86, great concert. Reading over that press release again it seems to indicate that those tour dates will be it - shame since they are doing so well commercially...

Exploding Ned said:
Yeah I will still have my fingers crossed. So I guess you're probably the only metal head in Macon then right? Last good show I saw there (I'm from W.R.) was I Mother Earth at some small club downtown years back.

Yeah, it really feels like it! :lol: Not too many killer bands play
Macon, it's always a road trip to Hotlanta - like today! See
you there -

Cheers,

Neal

5 ot of 8 shows in the northeast? It's like a 6 hour drive at most from the furthest apart shows in the northeast (boston to camdem). I hope they're planning to add to that.

Personally, I thought it was quite boring and repetetive. Not even as good as DOD or BNW... no song, except for "Different World" ironically enough, caught me from the initial listen. I can also see why I think mastering would've indeed helped the release, at least sonically. It's kind of dry and, well, overall, more disappointing than O:MC II, even.

I think it is the ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!!!!But thats my opinion with Bling Guardian coming in second with A Twist in the Myth!!!!!!!

panzermastery said:
I think it is the ALBUM OF THE YEAR!!!!!But thats my opinion with Bling Guardian coming in second with A Twist in the Myth!!!!!!!

Damn and I thought Blind Guardian was going all Hip Hop on yo' ass. That would be interesting... I'd like to see Rakim doing his thing over some crunchy power metal.

Back to Maiden, well... disappointment of the year for me.

I thought it was pretty good. Although I'm mystified as to why this one is selling so well compared to the last few albums. And Maiden has returned to arenas and stadiums?! That's crazy that they can sell that many tickets now.

adaher said:
I thought it was pretty good. Although I'm mystified as to why this one is selling so well compared to the last few albums. And Maiden has returned to arenas and stadiums?! That's crazy that they can sell that many tickets now.

Maiden played arenas on the BNW tour. So this is nothing new. This album is good but no better than the last two. The reason why this album is selling well is because Metal is selling these days. VHI constantly has metal shows in rotation and its on the radio. Which is cool...Ill be at the show on 10/18.

It was great having Maiden all night at the Pre Pre party!

Honestly. I think their drama filled tour with Ozzfest has helped their sales in the US.

adaher said:

Methinks another reason is that they are doing far more limited shows. Look at their tour schedule, its very spread out and really only hitting the big arena venues. Unless maybe it's the karma of Eddie come full circle, there's a lot of hype surrounding this disc, as well, which is good and all, even though I am disappointed with it.

I like the album a lot. I think it's a bit better than Dance of Death and Brave New World but not by much. I feel that all three of those albums combined are great and define the new age of Iron Maiden. I have a nice two days metal block coming up... Testament (original line up) October 12 at Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ and Iron Maiden October 13 at Continental Airlines Arena in East Rutherford, NJ. Two of my all time favorite bands back to back nights. Does not get any better than that.

Exploding Ned said:

THANK YOU for having TROBB on CD and Vinyl. Hoping Pabla didn't hurt you with her lightning fast Maiden reflexes!!:lol: So cool you found me to give me the CD! :worship: you're awesome! 4 weeks till SCREAM FOR ME IRVINE!

It hasn't grown on me like Dance Of Death did, but I'm still listening. It is a good album. I can't wait to see them here. For one reason or another, I've missed several tours in the past that I had intended to go to. I haven't seen them live since the Piece Of Mind tour, which I saw at the Omni in Atlanta as a matter of fact. I hope my luck changes and nothing happens for this one...