is immortal a black metal band???

In an interview they also call themselves Black Metal from Blashyrkh :p
Well, their earlier works were deffinatly Black Metal, when Demonaz quit after Blizard Beasts, you could deffinatly hear some influences from Death metal and Thrash metal in the riffs Abbath wrote, but I would still call them Black Metal...anyway they were a genious band, and is still one of my all time favorite bands...

xenophobe said:
I would definitely say they're gangster rappers. :ill:
You've seen the Hilarious Immortal Picture thread in the Seriously Off-Topic, correct? Anyone who hasn't needs to make sure to check it out you will find it hilarious.:tickled:

xenophobe said:
immortal.jpg

IMMORTAL: Laying The Satanic Smack Down On Your Roody-Poo Christian Ass!

Battles in the North is most definitely black metal. I don't think that Sons of Northern Darkness is black metal though; the riffing style is more thrash/death on that CD though the guitar sound is somewhat blackmetalish. It is my favorite CD by them, even though it isn't true black metal.

Hmm... I wonder if this will tun into another what is/isn't true black metal argument? I say it's black metal, true or not... I don't know how many people will disagree...

i dunno bout yall, but i get a big thrash feel from them. sure they use the half steps and stuff, but you cant deny there is a thrash element there. so maybe black/thrash?
~gR~

Hmm... of course they have a thrash influence... death metal is a direct descendant of thrash, and black is a branch off of it... they are black metal, thrashy but still black metal

they're some variety of black metal (you can say blackened death if you want, or some other variation)
they have black metal in them.

Everyone knows that Immortal is black metal for this one reason - Abbath bears the markings of the true originator of all black metal....

ZARTAN!!

movie20.jpg

Wandrail said:
Everyone knows that Immortal is black metal for this one reason - Abbath bears the markings of the true originator of all black metal....

ZARTAN!!

movie20.jpg

As appalling as it may be, I think I recognise that scene. It's from Cobra Commander's trial before Golobulus, right?

lord667 said:
As appalling as it may be, I think I recognise that scene. It's from Cobra Commander's trial before Golobulus, right?
Why I do believe you're correct - from the movie. Which is out on DVD...not that I bought it or anything...

Wandrail said:
Why I do believe you're correct - from the movie. Which is out on DVD...not that I bought it or anything...

I have it on VHS from when I was about six years old :lol:

It's really badly dubbed as well. In Britain, G.I. Joe is called Action Force, their war cry is "Full Force", Sgt Slaughter is called "Sgt Slammer", and the Slaughterhouse is "the Slammerhouse"...but instead of overdubbing the whole thing, they only did the lines containing one of those words, and none of the voiceovers sound anything like the originals. Roadblock, in particular, sounds like he's got fucking MPD or something.