Is Opeth too sad?

Sad but not depressive, an innocent sadness.. Which makes it so beautiful in my eyes.

I find In my Time of Need very happy, and I do not connect Watershed with sadness what-so-ever. nor with Harvest... or most Opeth songs.. they are not that sad at all..
or well.. the perfect time to listen through watershed is a rainy summer in the swedish countryside. and some people might find rainy summers sad.. but I love them, which makes it happy.
Katatonia has the mellow calming sadness to it that I love, but not Opeth.

and Britney Spears is just a sad human being..

I find In my Time of Need very happy, and I do not connect Watershed with sadness what-so-ever. nor with Harvest... or most Opeth songs.. they are not that sad at all..
or well.. the perfect time to listen through watershed is a rainy summer in the swedish countryside. and some people might find rainy summers sad.. but I love them, which makes it happy.
Katatonia has the mellow calming sadness to it that I love, but not Opeth.

and Britney Spears is just a sad human being..

Yeah Watershed has that mood, even tho i don't live in Sweden and I don't know how it looks like when it's raining in summer there, but here it feels so sad and so gloomy, i think it's more than in fall !! but i love the smell of the street after the rain :p
Opeth songs are so warm, they make you travel in space-time (usually backward) imo !

^ If you ignore the lyrics, Burden is very happy in an awesome classic rock sense...

it seems my definition of sadness differs alot from others.
I don't want to listen to Opeth when I'm sad or depressed or whatever.
for me, Opeth only relates to nature.

Being sad for a short instance of time can be the most beautiful thing in the world. Opeth seems to capture that moment and make it eternal.

^ If you ignore the lyrics, Burden is very happy in an awesome classic rock sense...

I totally agree with that!
Other than that, yes, Opeth often relates to nature (during their first albums, nevertheless), but generally, it is to describe something sad. But like Vega Skater said, the way that Opeth brings it makes it just beautiful. Sadness is not necesserily bad, in fact, because it is... a kind of process. The given feeling is not sadness, but melancholy, mostly. You're not sad when listening to Opeth (I believe most aren't).