Its confirmed....

guardian26

Mike the Cop
Aug 4, 2002
MASSACHUSETTS
I went to see Blind Guardian last night in Worcester, Ma. I've seen tons of bands here and I thought it was the best venue. Anyway, I went last night, and even though Blind Guardian and Symphony X were great, it was just as I feared.....No other concert I attend will match up with my 3 days at ProgPower 3, except maybe PP4 (or when I get to see my buds Magistral headline a tour)! I was brought back to reality where the people next to you are total jerks, people asking for autographs are calling looking at Marcus and yelling "Andre!" who walked by them 2 minutes before, and the general atmposhere just sucks. Now, as you see, these above comments have nothing to do with the bands who kicked some ass, but it really showed me how much the people in attendance at a concert can make or break it. Once again, Glenn, outstanding job, and my fellow ProgPowerers, you guys are really a great bunch of people. Jeez, I am starting to sound sappy! HAH.

I agree totally, most of the shows in the US that are metal are usually Death Metal shows, and usually horrible in many ways. As someone who has been into metal for a long time, I can say I basically stopped the constant show-going a long time ago. At first maybe you're one of the 'scene' people and you want to support any and everything, but after a while the reality of everything and everyone just sucking and not even really being of the metal spirit dawns on you. ProgPower was a damn revelation, i've not seen its like before, and until PP4 I will not again. Here's to hoping and doing my part to ensure that ProgPower continues to grow year to year to become the biggest (its alreayd the best) showcase of metal bands in this damn country, and that hopefully its force will bring true metal to the fore! Heheh.

-Eric

I too was at the Worcester show. I know Im gonna take heat , but I just cant get into BG. I find them to be extremely boring. After the 1st song me, and a bud had decided that SX was all we needed and we were gonna head across the street to get some brews before headin home. Well who do we run into? The SX boys!!

Let me say that I am glad to not be a BG fan , as I got to hang with Symphony X in an intimate setting! Heres some pics I took, Im the dude on the right!

JCEVILSX0.jpg

JCEVILSX00.jpg

JCEVILSX000.jpg

JCEVILSX0000.jpg

JCEVILSX00000.jpg

Originally posted by DrumRman
I too was at the Worcester show. I know Im gonna take heat , but I just cant get into BG. I find them to be extremely boring. After the 1st song me, and a bud had decided that SX was all we needed and we were gonna head across the street to get some brews before headin home. Well who do we run into? The SX boys!!

Let me say that I am glad to not be a BG fan , as I got to hang with Symphony X in an intimate setting! Heres some pics I took, Im the dude on the right!

[/img]

Nice!!! but too sad Michael Romeo looks even fatter! or is even fatter...