Jack Frost picks a new singer

Nov 12, 2002
www.metalasylum.net
Former ANTHRAX, HADES Singers Are Top Candidates For SEVEN WITCHES Slot Neil Turbin (ex-ANTHRAX) and Alan Tecchio (ex-HADES, WATCHTOWER) are the two vocalists currently in the running for the vacant singer slot in SEVEN WITCHES, according to informed sources. Both vocalists recently appeared on SEVEN WITCHES guitarist Jack Frost's upcoming solo CD, "Out in the Cold", tentatively due in September (Turbin can be heard on "Crucifixation", while Tecchio appears on "Hell or High Water"). Other singers that have lent their pipes to the CD include Terry Ilous from XYZ ("Out in the Cold"), and Ted Poley of DANGER DANGER (cover of APRIL WINE's "Sign of the Gypsy Queen" and "Wasted Love").

Vocalist James Rivera (HELSTAR, DISTANT THUNDER) quit SEVEN WITCHES in April in order to focus on his other projects.

In related news, BRONX CASKET COMPANY — which features in its ranks Frost and OVERKILL bassist D.D. Verni — recently shot a video for the track "Little Dead Girl" from their forthcoming album, due later in the year via Regain Records. The animated video for the upbeat-yet-haunting song is said to be in the style of Tim Burton's work, featuring dark but very tongue-in-cheek characters and imagery.

Gee looks like you copied the post from blabbermouth. And second, he hasn't picked a singer yet. Jack still hasn't decided who will get the slot yet. So no, a singer hasn't been picked.

In related news, BRONX CASKET COMPANY — which features in its ranks Frost and OVERKILL bassist D.D. Verni — recently shot a video for the track "Little Dead Girl" from their forthcoming album, due later in the year via Regain Records. The animated video for the upbeat-yet-haunting song is said to be in the style of Tim Burton's work, featuring dark but very tongue-in-cheek characters and imagery.

cool! I didn't know they were working on a new album. I hope it's better than Sweet Home Transylvania.

Not that I know how Turbin has been sounding since his stint in Anthrax, but anything is better than Tecchio. I saw him with Hades about six years ago at Powermad, and he blew royally! It's an absolute shame that Rivera's gone. That guy's like the John Corabi of the power metal scene. Every week, he's in a new band.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

It has been officially anounced that Technio is the new singer for Seven Witches. And why all the hate towards Jack Frost, I love Seven Witches.

I saw Seven Witches In a Small bar with SymphonyX a couple years back.. Loved James Rivera's singing, Only downfall was Jacks pittiful attempt at guitar playing.. It's not hate though.. I don't know the guy..He could be a great guy... That doesn't mean he can play... So I'll be hangin on to my 13 bucks when this project comes out.. Just my 2 cents... : )

When it comes to guitar-playing, it seems like Jack Frost is a bit outpaced by the more powerful seasonal apparitions and powers.

Kris Kringle, now, or maybe Jack Skellington.... I'll bet those guys could wail!

(Sorry, whenever I see the name Jack Frost it reminds me of The Nightmare Before Christmas. :))

Guys he did a "CLINIC"(LACK OF A BETTER TERM) HERE IN CHICAGO.aND THAT'S ALL HE DID WAS BRAG ABOUT HIS CONNECTIONS.WHO ARES -WORK ON YOUR CHOPS YOU H-A-C-K-

Jack Frost is one of the ugliest motherfuckers I have ever seen in my life. He looks like a goddamn Pit Bull.

Plus his guitar playing is the most basic and boring shit you could ever hear.

there is a lot of hate going on about Jack....do you all understand he keeps metal going...he has classic riffs and songs that recall the 80's metal hearald...i do agree a good soloist would help his cause in whatever band he is in. but to call him a hack when all he is doing is trying to re-capture the metal force by storm..that's bad. we need to unit as one not all against one. Jack keep it up rock on carrry on...but please get another guitar player to play solo's...My only grip!!!!

Jerich said:
there is a lot of hate going on about Jack....do you all understand he keeps metal going...he has classic riffs and songs that recall the 80's metal hearald...i do agree a good soloist would help his cause in whatever band he is in. but to call him a hack when all he is doing is trying to re-capture the metal force by storm..that's bad. we need to unit as one not all against one. Jack keep it up rock on carrry on...but please get another guitar player to play solo's...My only grip!!!!

I think there'd be less hate going on if he wasn't such a name-dropping twat that can't go 5 minutes without telling someone that he was in Savatage.

That was, until Oliva booted his less-than-average ass outta the band, that is.